September 22, 2010 in Travel (E)
[prMac.com] Toronto, Canada - Announcing that Kengin Consulting Inc., a mobile development consulting firm, has launched a new application for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users called NewfoundlandFUN. This application is available for consumers in two versions, a Lite version and a Deluxe version. The Lite version offers users a sampling of what the Deluxe versions contains, giving users the option to upgrade to the Deluxe version at anytime for significantly more content, photos, and more.
NewfoundlandFUN provides visitors to Newfoundland, or people simply looking to learn more about it's unique culture, a glimpse into life on the island. The developers have included some fun elements as well, such as a section on local lingo and sayings. This application is available in the iTunes store and is the second installment in the FUN travel series that Kengin has developed. The first installment was AmsterdamFUN, which is also available in the iTunes store.
Kengin CEO, Jacob Kennedy, was prompted to develop NewfoundlandFUN after his last visit to the island, "Newfoundland is Canada's hidden gem! We love the island and wanted to develop an app that would help promote and celebrate Newfoundland's unique culture. So, we decided that Newfoundland would be the second installment in our travel "FUN" series."
Both versions of the NewfoundlandFUN App include the following features:
* Must see places/towns across the island by region (Eastern, Western, Central)
* Festivals: Listing of the most popular summer festivals with a brief description of each event
* Funny Town Names: Newfoundland is known for the humorous names of its many towns & villages, for example "Come by Chance" and "Famish Gut". This section of the app features some of the funniest names across the island
* Local Lingo: Newfoundlanders have their own local lingo, and this section includes many of the popular sayings & their meanings
* Photo Gallery: Users are sure to be impressed as they navigate through beautiful shots of local scenery
Based in Toronto, Ontario Canada, Kengin Consulting Inc. provides mobile consulting services, plus iPhone app development and design. The company has been involved in enterprise software development for over ten years and has been doing iPhone development since 2008. Copyright (C) 2010 Kengin Consulting Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.