October 5, 2010 in Networks and FTP (E)
[prMac.com] Chicago, Illinois - Yazsoft today released an important update to ShareTool, version 2.1.2. ShareTool is an easy and highly secure utility that lets you connect to most Bonjour services running on your home/office networks from anywhere in the world at a click of a button. This includes Screen Sharing, File Sharing, Remote Printing, Secure Browsing, and more. In response to massive demand, ShareTool 2.1.2 also delivers iTunes Home Sharing across the internet, the ability to run ShareTool as a background service, and more.
ShareTool is a smart, easy, and highly secure utility that lets you connect to most Bonjour services running on your home/office networks from anywhere in the world at a click of a button. This includes Screen Sharing, File Sharing, Remote Printing, Secure Browsing, and more. While connected with ShareTool, many shared (Bonjour-enabled) services on your remote home or office networks automatically appear in your Finder, iTunes, iPhoto, and tons of other applications (just as they would if you were physically located at that network). Further, and in response to massive demand, ShareTool also delivers iTunes Home Sharing across the internet, the ability to run ShareTool as a background service, and tons more!
For example, let's assume you're away for business or on vacation somewhere. With ShareTool, you would be able to:
* Encrypt all of your web traffic and route it through your home network
* Browse the web securely
* Listen to your entire home iTunes music library
* iTunes Home Sharing fully supported across the internet
* Control the screen of any of your home computers
* Grab that important file you forgot to bring with you
* Connect to your FileMaker Pro database
* Connect to your complete home iPhoto library
* Print on your home network
* And a whole lot more
ShareTool automatically provides Bonjour over VPN connections as well. No messy configuration required. In addition, you can now run ShareTool as a Mac OS X service via a background daemon. This means you don't actually need to be logged in as a user to share your network. Further, ShareTool 2 supports connecting to multiple networks at the same time! There no longer is a limit to the number of networks you can be connected to simultaneously.
Who uses ShareTool?
ShareTool was designed and developed for all Mac users and many have come to rely on it's performance and dependability. There is almost no technical know-how required and 99% of all ShareTool setups are completed with just one mouse click.
* Many businesses and I.T. administrators depend on ShareTool to provide reliable and secure remote support at all times.
* Lot of individuals also rely on ShareTool for assisting friends / family members and for having complete access to their own network quickly and easily.
Any Mac user looking for a secure and dependable way to have complete access to their network anytime and anywhere can be a ShareTool user. The ShareTool experience is so transparent and magical, it's almost as if you never left your own network. Being in more than one place at the same time is certainly possible when using ShareTool 2. Wherever you go, there are your Macs.
What's New in version 2.1.2:
* New: Basic client-side logging
* Fixed: Important issue with the daemon
* Fixed: Timing issue with remote login
* Other: Various other fixes and tweaks
* Updated: The demo period has been reset for all users
* US English, with more to come
* Requires Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later; Snow Leopard ready
* 22 MB Hard Drive Space
* Internet connection
Pricing and Availability:
* $25: 2 User license (Starter package - save $5)
* $45: 5 User license (Save $30)
* $15: Additional license.
* New Bundle promo pricing also available
Upgrade Pricing Available:
* Registered ShareTool 1.x users can upgrade to ShareTool 2.x for the reduced price of $15 (for two licenses). Hot: With every purchase of ShareTool 2, you get Attachments Menu for free!
The Yazsoft team came together in 2001 to develop software expressly for the Mac platform. With an emphasis on total customer satisfaction, Yazsoft makes up a development team of 5 professionals, each responsible for coding, marketing, and total customer support. As Yazsoft's spotlight product, Speed Download is regularly updated to ensure optimal performance at all times. Copyright (C) 2001-2008 Yazsoft. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Back to my Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.