December 2, 2010 in iOS Development (AF)
[prMac.com] Cambridge, UK - Cambridge Coders Limited is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of the latest version of its iPhone app - Calcuccino 2.0, available for download from Apple's App Store. Calcuccino is a scientific calculator that uses the iPhone's large touchscreen and advanced operating system to provide a range of features that are not possible on a physical calculator.
The LCD can be swiped to display the current value in different number bases, or scientific notations. Fifteen user-customizable keys are provided in a favourites bar that can be swiped to reveal the keys in groups of five. The main keypad can be swiped to reveal an interactive ASCII table. Functions are accessed through standard iPhone menus. Calcuccino is not only visually stunning, but provides engineers and programmers with the functions they routinely need.
New For Version 2.0:
* One tap to change between programmer and scientific modes.
* Direct support for IEEE-754 floating point numbers.
* Change between signed and unsigned integer arithmetic with a single tap-and-hold.
Calcuccino's Main Features:
* Signed integer, unsigned integer and floating point arithmetic. This is a unique capability and allows Calcuccino to handle numbers in the same way as the user's native programming language.
* Variable integer size from 2 to 64 bits. Match the integer size to that of the underlying operating system or language - important when working with everything from small microcontrollers to large microprocessors.
* ASCII table. Convert both ways between ASCII code and value.
* 15 user favourites keys. Mix functions and values as required by the user. Redefine at any time.
* Bin, Oct, Dec and Hex number formats.
* Shifts and rotates. Includes both simple and arithmetic shifts.
* Bitwise logic (AND, OR, XOR, NOT, modulo divide etc...)
* Scientific functions (trigonometry, powers). All the commonly used functions needed for day-to-day engineering.
* Convert between IEEE-754 floats / doubles and their internal format.
* History, including the ability to Email the history steps.
* Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later
* 2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Calcuccino 2.0 is only $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category.
Cambridge Coders Limited was formed in Cambridge UK by an electronics engineer with over 20 years experience in writing commercial software. Calcuccino comes from the observation that the iPhone has the ability to change the way that conventional engineering tools are designed, starting with the device that most engineers and software engineers use every day - the calculator. Copyright (C)2010 Cambridge Coders Limited. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod touch, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.