December 20, 2010 in Entertainment (E)
[prMac.com] Plano, Texas - As an early Christmas gift for kids, the iPhone/iPad storybook app "AlphaBELCH" is being given away free between Tuesday Dec 21 and Christmas Day. The eBook, created by million-selling children's author Stephen White, is an A-to-Z listing of comical animals who burp (with cartoon sounds), and contains a parent-pleasing lesson about manners to go along with the noisy fun. "AlphaBELCH" will return to its traditional 99 price on December 26th.
"It may seem odd to go from Barney(TM) to burping," admits Stephen White, conceding that no gas was passed in any of the dozens of television episodes, home videos, and children's books that he authored as principle writer for the purple dinosaur. "But kids love to laugh, and there's no better way to help them learn manners than by giving them lessons that are actually fun."
Stephen White has been actively involved in edutainment for the very young for over two decades. AlphaBELCH is his first independently produced eBook for kids, and features not only White's witty rhymes (including playful verses like "U is for Unicorn burps that are smell-free, V is for Vampire Bats in a belfry"), but also his narration and sound design. Illustrations are by Tony Neal, who White chose specifically because "His pictures made me laugh!"
* Funny, full-color illustrations of gassy animals from Aardvarks to Zebras
* User-activated silly sound effects for every animal
* User-activated narration on every page to help young readers
* Large, easy-to-recognize alphabet letters
* A wholesome, parent-pleasing lesson in good manners, reinforced with fun
* Easy "Read it again!" feature to return to beginning of book
* Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Created by million-selling children's author Stephen White
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later (iOS 4.0 Tested)
* 8.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
AlphaBELCH 1.1 will be given away free between Tuesday Dec 21 and Christmas Day.
Stephen White has been creating multi-media entertainment for children for over two decades, and has written dozens of books, home videos, television episodes, feature film, and more for the Barney & Friends(tm) franchise. Copyright (C)2010 Stephen White. All Rights Reserved. Barney, "Barney & Friends," and "Barney the Dinosaur" are registered trademarks of HIT Entertainment Limited. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Stephen White wrote for Barney & Friends from 1991 until 2006.