December 20, 2010 in Travel (E)
[prMac.com] Wellington, New Zealand - 3dot5 today is pleased to announce the release of World Flights - HD 1.0 the global, fully featured, user friendly flight tracking application for iPad at a reasonable price. World Flights was designed and created to be a user friendly, fully featured and affordable flight tracking application for iPhone and iPad by Patrice Arnera.
Patrice Arnera as on average one round the world trip per month from his home-base of Wellington, New Zealand for his job as Executive Vice President of Global Sales for Aldous Limited and so far in 2010 has traveled 452,908 km to 33 locations. Patrice has created an application for his fellow travelers as well as organizations or individuals involved in dropping off and picking up passengers on any given commercial flight at any given airport in the world.
Accessing the right information with a limited piece of information at hand was one of the main driver in designing the application. We all have different needs and ways to search for information, World Flights offers a multitude of ways to access the required information based on one's specific requirement at a given moment. Users can search by airline, route, airport, nearest airport and add airports and routes to Favorites for even faster access.
The objectives of the World Flights application are to provide all necessary departure and arrival information to commercial flights passengers as well as to those dropping off or picking up commercial flights passengers around the World by:
* Providing accurate and up to date information about commercial flights to and from any airport or based on any given route;
* Identifying the nearest airport to a given location;
* Allowing users to save their most used airports and routes as favourites for quick access; and
* Displaying flight tracking information on a map.
Features And Functionality:
The sections below indicate the key features and functions for the current release of the World Airport application.
* Identifying Airport of choice by:
* Identification of nearest airport to current location based on iPhone's location services; or
* Search of any airport in the World by filtering Country> Region > Airport; or
* Entering Airport code (e.g.: LAX, JFK, LHR, etc)
Providing Airport information
* Weather (if available from free Weather service, to be investigated);
* Directions from/to Address or Current Location
Listing all flights for given airport by:
* Domestic Departures
* Domestic Arrivals
* International Departures
* International Arrivals
* Search by Airline for any given Airport
Providing accurate and up to date information for any given flight identified in the steps above:
* Flight Number
* Time (Scheduled Time of Departure STD, Estimated Time of Departure ETD)
* Flight Number
* Time (Scheduled Time of Arrival STA, Estimated Time of Arrival ETA)
In flight tracking
* Displaying flight position on interactive map (when data available)
Searching for specific flight routes:
* Searching by Origin and Destination; and
* Optionally filtering by Airlines to optimise a Frequent Flyer programme member's ability to earn air miles
Saving preferred Airports and Routes as Favourites to allow easy and quick access to information for regular travellers.
There is also a draw to win an iPad for every multiple of 10,000 downloads reached. More information is available on the website.
Located in Wellington, New Zealand, 3dot5 was founded in 2009 by Patrice Arnera. All Material and Software (C) 2009-2010 3dot5 / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.