January 12, 2011 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Mountain View, California - PhatWare announces today the new version of the popular note taking and handwriting recognition software for WritePad 4.5. The new version allows users to rest their palm on the iPad screen while writing with either a finger or a stylus. Other new features include export of WritePad documents to PDF, improved printing, and new graphics.
WritePad is an advanced notetaker for iPads and iPhones, which converts practically any handwriting into computer text. This feature-rich, Star-Trek-like technology makes the on-screen soft keyboard obsolete. Notes created with WritePad can be emailed, Tweeted, saved, translated to other languages, synced with Dropbox, or exchanged directly between 2 or more iOS devices.
With WritePad users can:
* Create and edit text documents using the advanced handwriting recognition engine or iPad keyboard for text entry in landscape or portrait mode
* Improve productivity by utilizing inline gestures, spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features
* Email, Tweet, Print, or post Facebook updates directly from WritePad
* Synchronize WritePad documents with Dropbox and iTunes
* Translate documents to 13 supported languages using Bing Translator
* Change WritePad's appearance by manipulating text, page, and ink colors using the customizable Styles feature
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 11.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
WritePad for iPad 4.5 for English language is available now in the iTunes App Store for $9.99 (USD). International versions of WritePad 4.5 will be available soon. For more information about the WritePad product line, please visit PhatWare online.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare's products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher(R), PenOffice(R), PhatNotes(TM), PhatPad(TM), WritePad(TM), and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. Copyright (C) 1997-2011 PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.