January 14, 2011 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] Melbourne, Australia - iOSMidi, in conjunction with Domestic Cat Software, today are very happy to announce that Midi Touch for iPad version 2.0 has been released on the App Store. Building on the foundation of Midi Touch 1.1 this important update adds more than 30 new features and improvements to the already popular app, many of which were user requests, as well as many other performance enhancements and bug fixes.
Midi Touch is an iPad app that allows users to create fully customized control surfaces to interact with their MIDI controlled DAW on their Mac or PC, or control compatible hardware via the USB Camera Connection Kit. Midi Touch provides rock solid performance with little to no latency. Using the intuitive touch controls, users can simply drag controls onto the screen to create Midi control surfaces to suit their own individual needs.
Some of the new features included in 2.0 include:
* Choose a theme per control
* Add multiple messages to each control
* Preset export via Email, import using Mail, Dropbox, iDisk or any other compatible app
* XY Controllers have added Z component
* Control gestures to allow fine tuning of controls and various other options
* Drum Pads can now send messages with varying velocity depending on where they are tapped
* Snap to background grid, variable grid size
* Horizontal sliders in addition to vertical sliders
* Fullscreen mode when editing
* Option to enter control values via a list for finer control
* Option to turn individual inputs/outputs off
* Kiosk mode for in store displays or trade shows
* Global fine tune by holding down on the background
* Improved translations
* Many bug fixes and performance improvements
For testing compatible MIDI devices with the USB Camera Connection Kit, we encourage users to download the free tool Midi Monitor from the app store, also produced by iOSMidi.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 1.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Midi Touch 2.0 is $17.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
Located in Melbourne, Australia, Domestic Cat Software provides high quality apps for Apples iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Copyright (C) 2011 Domestic Cat Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.