January 18, 2011 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Chicago, Illinois - Monte-Lingual 1 to 10 (currently featured in the App Store What's Hot list for iPad Education, Family, and Kids categories) has gone "Lite" and is available for download on the App Store for free! In addition, Continuous Integration, Inc. has also provided an update to the full paid version (v1.01) that is available for download on the App Store. The new version has addresses some minor bugs from the initial release and also adds full landscape mode support.
Monte-Lingual is a series of educational games based on the Montessori teaching method for preschool and elementary school children. Monte-Lingual explores math and language concepts based on multi-dimensional and sensory visualizations that enable children to absorb and master the concepts naturally.
Activities and Features:
* Count using the Montessori bead stair concept
* Marbles change color depending upon the quantity according to the Montessori bead stair concept
* Children can have fun and interact with the marbles by flicking it to the other side and watch it bounce across the canvas
* Multi-touch allows children to learn the concept of skip counting by interacting with more than one marble
* Ability for children to move marbles back to demonstrate counting backwards
* Numbers are clearly pronounced and spoken in the chosen language on each flick
* Spell mode allows numbers to be displayed in the chosen language
* Discovery mode for younger children
* Quiz mode for older children with multiple levels to earn new marble sets
* 4 choices of marble sets
* 4 languages (English, Spanish, French, and Chinese)
* Classical background music or customize with your own music library
Monte-Lingual 1 to 10 is designed to introduce the most basic (but crucial) concept of numbers by a counting activity that employs various senses such as touch, sight, and sound to conceptualize "quantity" and "series" in a visual way. While absorbing the concept of counting, children can learn the numbers in multiple languages (i.e. English, Spanish, French, and Chinese).
Continuous Integration Inc. is a software development company specializing in custom application development. They offer solutions to businesses utilizing leading edge technology and provide a wide range of services from iPhone/iPad development to AJAX enabled web applications and cloud computing. Copyright (C) 2011 Continuous Integration Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.