January 25, 2011 in Gaming (E)
[prMac.com] Paris, France - Coladia has announced Cleopatra: a Queen's Destiny is now available on the Mac App Store. Cleopatra: a Queen's Destiny is a Point & Click adventure game, taking place in Alexandria, Egypt, 48 BC. The country is divided by civil war pitting Cleopatra's supporters against those of her brother and husband, Ptolemy, who is ravaging the country. In this climate of terror, Thomas, a young apprentice to Akkod, Cleopatra's astrologist and astronomist, falls in love with his master's daughter.One day, in horror, he discovers that both master and daughter have been kidnapped.
Thomas sets out on their trail and learns in the course of his investigations that Cleopatra herself had asked Akkod to make a specific divination, and that the partisan of Ptolemy are behind the kidnapping. Cleopatra promises Thomas that in exchange for the tablets required for the divination, her guards will find the master and his daughter.
Thomas's investigations lead him to the discovery of Egypt's legendary sites such as the Library of Alexandria and the Lighthouse. Thomas also meets the Queens and a whole host of their mysterious characters. Will he manage to save his master and his loved one, so that together they can decypher the stars? Without the prophecy, the country will be lost; the destiny of Egypt and its Queen are in his hands.
* A history adventure game based on Cleopatra's extraordinary destiny
* Discover Ancien Egypt's mythical sites, Alexandria's Lighthouse and Library, all reproduced with perfect historical accurancy
* A whole host of puzzles and enigmas based on Ancient Egyptian culture and sciences
* Great attention to ambient sounds and graphics bring total immersion along with dozens of animated sequences that enrich the story
* Proven game systems: interactive map, dynamic combination inventory, mini-animations, and more
* U.S. English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
* Mac OS X 10.5 or later
* Intel Processor
* 2.09 GB
Pricing and Availability:
Cleopatra: a Queen's Destiny 1.1 is $14.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Games category.
Based in Paris, France, Coladia, a young publishing company founded in 2005, is a leader of adventure video games for Mac, iPhone and iPad. Coladia has establised partnerships with prestigious developers and publishers, such as Kheops Studio, Nobilis Group and Microids to bring the best adventure games on the Mac and the iOS platforms. Coladia has already successfully brought Secret of the Lost Cavern, Cleopatra: a Queen's Destiny, Destination Treasure Island, Return To Mysterious Island and Nostradamus on the Mac platform. More titles for Mac, iPhone and iPad are to be released in 2011.