February 2, 2011 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] San Francisco, California - ShopSavvy, the personal shopping companion for smartphone users, today is pleased to announce that ShopSavvy 4 for iPhone, the all-new version of the app released in November, has been named one of the 50 Best iPhone Apps for 2011 by Time Magazine as well as winning the 2010 Best App Ever Award for Best Use of iOS Hardware during last week's Macworld Expo.
"ShopSavvy was once thought of primarily as an Android app, but with the release of ShopSavvy 4 for iPhone, we've put that perception to rest," said Alexander Muse, co-founder of ShopSavvy. "We've had millions of downloads on iPhone since ShopSavvy 4 went live Nov. 1, and we're increasingly receiving specific recognition for the iPhone version of the app. That's a real tribute to our team."
ShopSavvy was cited for Best Use of iOS Hardware in the 2010 Best App Ever Awards, presented by 148apps.com at the Macworld 2011 Expo. Time Magazine, in naming ShopSavvy one of the 50 Best iPhone Apps for 2011, declared the app "a must-have for professional bargain hunters."
ShopSavvy 4 for iPhone offers features including:
* 5x faster scanning. ShopSavvy 4 offers scanning that's five times faster than previous versions of ShopSavvy for iPhone, with the ability to scan barcodes from any angle. It makes it easier than ever to scan every item before you buy it.
* QuickPay. QuickPay enables ShopSavvy users to purchase the products they scan in just a few clicks, without ever leaving the application.
* Add and share product photos and prices. When users find a product, price or retailer that's not already in ShopSavvy's price comparison engine, they can instantly add it - taking the product's photo and adding the price, store name, and other descriptive information. ShopSavvy 4 filters user submissions to optimize accuracy.
* Add and share product ratings and reviews. In previous versions of ShopSavvy, users could scan books, DVDs, consumer electronics and other products to call up third-party online reviews. In ShopSavvy 4, users can add their own ratings and reviews - and share them with the universe of ShopSavvy users.
* Instant sharing on Facebook and Twitter. Find a hot deal? Tell all your friends on Facebook, Twitter and other social networks with a tap of your screen.
* Search by product name. When you want to compare prices without using your scanner, ShopSavvy 4 lets you search by product name, adding as-you-type suggestions to help you find your product fast.
* Streaming deals. ShopSavvy 4 offers a Twitter-like stream of special deals and short-term promotions aggregated from sources across the Web, as well as exclusive deals for ShopSavvy users.
* Find out retailer price-matching policy and if items are in stock. ShopSavvy 4 lets you know if the store where you're scanning will match the lowest price. ShopSavvy 4 also tells you if products are in stock at nearby stores.
* Highly targeted advertising. For advertisers, ShopSavvy 4 offers AdOns(R), - highly targeted advertising, coupons, warranty offers, and promotions at the point of highest purchase intent, when users are standing in a retail store with a potential purchase in hand. AdOns combine location- and product-specific data to deliver precise marketing content to users.
ShopSavvy is a personal shopping companion for smartphone users. The application enables consumers to scan the UPC, EAN or QR barcodes of products they want to buy and do immediate, in-store price comparisons with local and online retailers. ShopSavvy has emerged as one of the most celebrated and widely embraced shopping apps for Android, the iPhone, Nokia and Windows smartphones, with more than 7 million active users. ShopSavvy's price comparison engine includes up-to-date pricing and inventory information on more than 20 million products. Product data comes from retailers as well as Wikipedia-style crowdsourcing from ShopSavvy users, who can add their own deals, discoveries, ratings and reviews to the database. For advertisers, ShopSavvy now offers AdOns(R) - highly targeted advertising, coupons, warranty offers, and promotions at the point of highest purchase intent, when users are standing in a retail store with a potential purchase in hand. AdOns combine location- and product-specific data to deliver precise marketing content to users. Copyright (C) 2011 ShopSavvy. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.