March 17, 2011 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Chicago, Illinois - Sprout! today is pleased to announce the release of Pixelate! 2.0, which makes it even easier to visualize how a color would look on your wall, without even lifting a paint brush. With its new functionality and upgraded UI, you can not only paint your walls, but also try out different colors on your clothes, furniture, car or anything else you would like to see in a different color.
To get started, you select a photograph from your PhotoLibrary, or take a photo using the camera. Then, you select the paint color from the included color matrix, an image in your PhotoLibrary or by simply pointing the camera to the desired color. Next you select the paint-over color, by selecting the wall you want to paint, and then click the update button. Pixelate! will paint your walls using Selective Color Painting Technology from Sprout!
You can even use your finger to paint your wall to get the painting experience, and Pixelate! will only paint over the selected wall. Pixelate! 2.0 has an enhanced algorithm that makes painting your walls so easy and quick, that you wish you could actually paint your walls this easily. Pixelate! 2.0 adds the ability to zoom, which is useful not only during painting, but also when you are trying to pick a color.
Pixelate! 2.0 also brings with it, new effects including Sepia, Pixelate!, Color Splash and Blur, while keeping all the original effects, making it even more fun to play around with your images. Also new in version 2.0 is the ability to email your pics from within the app making it even easier share your creations with others.
Full feature list:
* Pick an image from the PhotoLibrary or take an image with Camera
* Pick a paint color from the Color Matrix
* Pick a paint color from an existing image in the Photo Library
* Pick a paint color using your Camera
* Paint over a specific color in the image using Selective Painting Technology from Sprout!
* Effects (Greyscale, Blur, Sepia, Pixelate, Color Splash, Inverse)
* Ability to Zoom while painting making it easier to paint the difficult areas you couldn't paint before
* Ability to Zoom when picking a color making it even easier to pick the perfect color
* Erase function to quickly replace any changes with the original image
* Ability to email pics to easily share with others
* Ability to automatically adjust to landscape or portrait view for best user experience
* Page specific Tutorials
* iPhone, iPod touch or iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later (iOS 4.0 Tested)
* 0.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Pixelate! 2.0 is available to everyone worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category at a promotional price of $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) for a limited time only. For further inquiries regarding Sprout! or Pixelate!, contact them online.
Sprout! is a small company with a focus on solving complex everyday problems with simple, innovative solutions with its initial focus on Mobile Applications. Copyright (C) 2011 Sprout!. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.