April 17, 2011 in Games (F)
[prMac.com] New York, New York - SuperBoise Studios is pleased to announce Pirate Subs!!! 1.0 has now been featured by Apple in its 'New & Noteworthy' section (both iPad and iPhone) only 3 days after its release! The game is redefining the casual gaming experience with the new tap n' swipe mechanic which utilizes two different gameplay mechanics. The tap n' swipe mechanic allows for a much more stimulating game than your basic swipe or tap games while still being easy enough to pick up and play whenever you want.
How You Do It:
* Tap the subs to nuke them out of the water
* Juggle as many subs in the air as you can and then
* Swipe across the airborne subs to launch missiles at them
Tip 1: Avoid nuking the polar bears and whales that will be swimming around because it will result in a lost life. Besides, who wants to nuke whales and polar bears?
Tip 2: You can get bonuses for destroying multiple subs with a single missile.
4 Unique Gameplay Modes:
* Classic Mode: Destroy pirate subs before they escape
* Timed Mode: Lasts 1 minute. Combos earn bonus time
* Expert Mode: It's a pirate sub rampage
* Zen Mode: There are no bears so casually destroy subs
* Multiplayer: Challenge a friend or the world online
* Universal support: Play on all your iOS devices
* Game Center leaderboards and achievements
* Captain's Log that grades your performance
* Twitter and Facebook integration
We Even Have A Cheat Mode!:
* Alter gravity
* Use the uber-bomb
* Invincibility mode
* Mini-Subs only mode
* Remove the polar bears and killer whales
What people are saying:
AppAdvice - "An action packed title of bombing destruction... It's sub nukin' time!"
SlideToPlay - "Sort of like Fruit Ninja, except with exploding submarines."
The Godless (United States) - "It has challenge, nice graphics, and super replay value. Pirate Subs!!! takes Fruit Ninja and makes it even more challenging. More danger and more speed... Pirate Subs!!! is a winner."
Smygulf (Norway) - "This is not just another fruit ninja copy. This game got many new elements added to the gameplay. Like after you touch the boats to explode them, you gotta swipe them to destroy them, all this while avoiding to touch bears and whales, makes interesting and fun gameplay. Highly recommended- 5 of 5 stars."
* IPhone 3GS, IPod Touch 3, or IPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 18.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Pirate Subs!!! 1.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Super Boise, chock full of grit and hell-bent on crafting the best slice of gaming your starved mind has ever tasted. Based out of the Island City of Manhattan we're constantly trying to find ways to inject more pure unadulterated awesomeness into every aspect of our games. Copyright (C) 2011 Super Boise. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.