April 19, 2011 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] New York, NY - Sounds Broken Inc. has announced gogoDocs 1.1.3, an update to their wildly popular Google Docs(TM) reader for the iPhone and iPad. The application supports reading documents uploaded using the "upload any file" feature of Google Docs(TM). gogoDocs now supports viewing most types of documents, listening to audio and viewing fullscreen video, as well as sending video and audio to the Apple TV and other devices via AirPlay.
Supported file formats include (among others):
* MS Office and iWork files that were not converted to Google Docs format on upload
* Multimedia files such as mov, .mp4, .mpv, and .3gp MPEG-4 Part 2 video (Simple Profile)
* Audio files such as AAC-LC audio up to 48 kHz, and MP3 up to 48 kHz, stereo audio
* Most image formats
gogoDocs keeps all of your files handy by syncing your Google Docs(TM) account to your new iPad 2 or iPhone 4. Files are downloaded to your device while it's online, and kept available for viewing offline. Background syncing, blazing fast custom PDF viewer, automatic bookmarking, forward as email, document filtering, and document sharing make gogoDocs an essential tool for all Google Docs(TM) and iOS users.
What people are saying about gogoDocs:
* This app is truly excellent. Like best the auto sync on start-up and unique one screen to show local copied and google files and not multiple screens of other apps.
* This is a really handy viewer. I've been using it to read some of my larger PDFs and the pages appear so quickly. The jump to last place viewed is really handy!
* Great program, I'm able to view all of my things. I have been using it to view big PDFs, and I really like the star sync feature.
* A very good stable implementation of a GoogleDocs reader. Thanks!
* It's so so close to being the perfect google docs app.
* Document Sync - instantly view any document, spreadsheet, presentation, PDF, audio, video file, or image you have synced. Great for flights, subway travel, or any place without a reliable internet connection
* Document Stars - change the starred status of docs right from your phone
* File support for Google Docs native files (Document, PDF, Spreadsheet, Presentation in native Google Docs format)
* File support for MS Office and iWork files that were not converted to Google Docs format on upload
* File support for multimedia files such as mov, .mp4, .mpv, and .3gp MPEG-4 Part 2 video (Simple Profile) AAC-LC audio at up to 48 kHz, and MP3 up to 48 kHz, stereo audio as well as most image formats
* Full screen video
* Syncing Preferences - synchronize starred documents to your phone by default, or have all, only visited documents, or none of your documents synced
* Long PDF Support - gogoDocs handles long pdfs with ease, unlike other viewers that crawl and crash
* Automatic Bookmarking - continue reading where you left off
* Document List Filtering - quickly filter your document list by type, starred, hidden, and file name
* Document Sharing - Email any of your saved documents as attachments
* Portrait and Landscape mode document viewing, pinch or double tap to zoom
* iPad or iPhone
Pricing and Availability:
gogoDocs 1.1.3 for iPhone is $2.99 (or equivalent amount in other currencies). gogoDocs 1.1.3 for iPad is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available worldwide exclusively through the Apple App Store.
Based in NYC and Washington, DC areas Sounds Broken Inc. was founded in 2005 by Cocoa developer and entrepreneur Jonathan Saggau. Sounds Broken Inc. is a Mac OS X and iPhone software company. If you can program it, control it, drive it, compile it, touch it, or talk to it with an Apple device, we make it work better. Copyright (C) 2005-2011 Sounds Broken Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Google Docs(TM) is a registered trademark of Google Inc.