May 2, 2011 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Mountain View, California - PhatWare has released a major update of WritePad French, German, and Spanish Editions, the company's popular note taking and handwriting recognition software for iPad and iPhone devices. WritePad 5.0 allows synchronization of WritePad documents with Evernote, plus offers an improved handwriting recognition engine, document statistics, and the ability to upload documents to Google Docs as a PDF or text.
WritePad is an advanced notetaker for iPads and iPhones which converts practically any handwriting into computer text. Notes created with WritePad can be emailed, Tweeted, saved, posted on a Facebook Wall, printed, exported as PDF, translated to other languages, synchronized with Dropbox, and exchanged directly between two or more iOS devices. WritePad also features integration with events, contacts, maps, and other system resources.
With WritePad, users can:
* Create and edit text documents using the advanced handwriting recognition engine or iPad keyboard for text entry in landscape or portrait mode
* Improve productivity by utilizing inline gestures, spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features
* Statistical analyzer, which improves overall handwriting recognition quality by addressing common recognition errors. If this feature is enabled, WritePad will learn the user's own handwriting style
* Email, Tweet, Print, or post Facebook updates directly from WritePad
* Synchronize WritePad documents with Dropbox, Evernote, and iTunes or upload documents to Google Docs
* Translate documents to 13 supported languages using Bing Translator
* Change WritePad's appearance by manipulating text, page, and ink colors using the customizable Styles feature
Pricing and Availability
WritePad for iPad 5.0 French, German, and Spanish Editions are available now in the iTunes App Store for $9.99 each. For more information about the WritePad product line, please visit PhatWare online.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare's products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher(R), PenOffice(R), PhatNotes(TM), PhatPad(TM), WritePad(TM), and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. Copyright (C) 1997-2011 PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.