May 10, 2011 in iOS Development (E)
[prMac.com] Mountain View, California - PhatWare Corporation today is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the second version of WritePad handwriting recognition Software Development Kit (SDK) for iOS. WritePad SDK is a natural, style, writer, and lexicon independent multilingual handwriting recognition technology. WritePad SDK for iOS enables handwriting recognition based text input in third party applications on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch devices. It is currently available in 4 languages, including English, German, French, and Spanish with more languages to be announced soon.
"Recent success of WritePad handwriting recognition application for iPad and iPhone prompted wide response from developers interested in extending functionality of their applications by adding handwriting recognition based text input.", said Stan Miasnikov, president of PhatWare Corp. "Today we are pleased to announce the new major version of WritePad SDK featuring the same advanced technology as PhatWare's popular notetaker app."
WritePad SDK Features
* Recognizes natural handwritten text in a variety of handwriting styles: cursive (script), PRINT and MIXed.
* Recognizes dictionary words from its main or user-defined dictionary, as well as non-dictionary words, such as names, numbers and mixed alphanumeric combinations.
* Provides automatic segmentation of handwritten text into words and automatically differentiates between vocabulary and non-vocabulary words, and between words and arbitrary alphanumeric strings.
* Does not require a user to train the software and allows for most users to achieve high accuracy right "out of the box".
* Reliably recognizes handwriting in English (US, UK), French, German, and Spanish languages.
WritePad SDK includes handwriting recognition engine static libraries and dictionaries for all supported languages, API header files, documentation, and useable sample code allowing easy integration with new or existing iOS applications. WritePad SDK evaluation is free, while commercial redistribution is royalty-based. For more information about the WritePad SDK and to request an SDK evaluation and commercial pricing, please visit PhatWare online.
ounded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare's products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher(R), PenOffice(R), PhatNotes(TM), PhatPad(TM), WritePad(TM), and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. Copyright (C) 1997-2011 PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.