June 2, 2011 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Mountain View, California - PhatWare today is pleased to announce the release of a new version of PhatPad 1.4 for iPad, a note-taking and collaboration app featuring PhatWare's proven handwriting recognition technology. More than just a note-taking app, PhatPad turns an iPad into an advanced brainstorming tool by enabling users to draw, write, and type on the iPad, then instantly share ideas via email, WiFi sync, Dropbox, Evernote, Google Docs, or in PhatPad's presentation mode.
The new PhatPad includes the latest version of vastly improved WritePad handwriting recognition technology, allowing for the inline text input as well as deferred handwriting recognition. PhatPad's digital ink technology has also been improved, allowing for easier manipulation of individual strokes and resizing of drawing and handwritten text. PhatPad 1.4 also features integration with Evernote and Google Docs, providing users with the ability to upload their documents as PDF to the popular Internet Cloud services. The text styles feature has also been improved, letting users specify names for custom styles and use larger font sizes.
PhatPad's key features include:
* Smooth-flowing digital ink technology, which lets iPad users scribble notes as if they are writing on real paper
* The ability to combine drawing, handwritten text, images, and digital text on the same document page to create media-rich content
* A powerful handwriting recognition engine, which automatically converts handwritten notes into text
* Voice notes - record, play, and use in presentation mode
* An advanced Presentation mode, which supports a VGA monitor and allows recording and playing presentations by synchronizing document pages and voice
* PhatPad Document sharing using Dropbox synchronization, Google Docs and Evernote upload, direct access via WiFi or iTunes, and email
* Printing to a printer on wireless network via AirPrint
The beauty of PhatPad as a note-taking, collaboration and brainstorming tool, is that it allows users to draw pictures, jot notes, or put a mixture of pictures, drawings, handwritten and typed text on a virtual scratch pad. The included handwriting recognition engine allows PhatPad users to convert previously recorded handwritten notes into digital text, and edit text using either the handwriting input panel or the keyboard. PhatPad documents can be synchronized with the desktop computer via iTunes or Dropbox, exchanged between two or more devices on the local WiFi network, printed, emailed, or exported to PDF.
Brainstorming and collaborating with team members is simple using PhatPad's Presentation mode, which allows users to create quick presentations and display them on the iPad screen and external monitor.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 67.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
PhatPad 1.4 is only $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. For more information about PhatPad, visit PhatWare online.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare's products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher(R), PenOffice(R), PhatNotes(TM), PhatPad(TM), WritePad(TM), and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. Copyright (C) 1997-2011 PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.