June 7, 2011 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Palo Alto, California - Award-winning independent children's app developer Duck Duck Moose today is pleased to announce its new Musical Me! App for iPhone and iPod touch, which is available on the App Store. Musical Me! teaches children about notes, rhythm, pitch and instruments, and is designed for children ages 3 and up.
Mozzarella the Mouse explores a musical world with five activities that teach the fundamental components of music.
1) Memory - Listen to the notes and copy the pattern. Train your ear to hear different pitches.
2) Rhythm - Touch the birds to play a song. Learn about rhythm, and short and long notes.
3) Dance - Tap, drag, or hold the monsters and make them dance to the beat.
4) Instruments - Play along with a drum, cymbals, triangle, maracas, egg shaker, or rubber duck!
5) Notes - Learn to read notes and create your own music by moving notes on a staff.
Popular children's songs recorded especially for this app with voice, cello and violin include:
* Yankee Doodle
* Mary Had a Little Lamb
* The Muffin Man
* Pop Goes the Weasel
* Skip to My Lou
* She'll Be Coming Around the Mountain
* The Farmer in the Dell
Instrumental versions of the following songs are featured in the Rhythm and Notes activities:
* Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
* Wheels on the Bus
* Itsy Bitsy Spider
* Old MacDonald
* Happy Birthday
* Row Your Boat
* Five Little Ducks
The Musical Me! App offers three levels for the Memory and Rhythm activities and different instrumental options (violin, piano, electric guitar, voice).
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later
* 19.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Musical Me! 1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Duck Duck Moose is an award-winning creator of educational children's applications. It was founded in 2008 by three friends who are parents themselves, and share a passion for children, music, education, design, and play. Duck Duck Moose's top-selling apps include: Wheels on the Bus, Old MacDonald, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Fish School, Baa Baa Black Sheep and Park Math. Wheels on the Bus won the KAPi Award for "Best Children's App" at the 2010 International CES and was featured as one of The New York Times' "Best iPhone Apps for Kids." Park Math won the "2010 Best Kids' iPhone/iPod App of the Year Award" from iLounge. All six of the company's products have won the Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice Award for Excellence in Design, and three have won the Parents' Choice Gold Award. Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Duck Duck Moose. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.