June 21, 2011 in Reference (E)
[prMac.com] Waldorf, Maryland - Giving readers an innovative new way to experience a sacred text, the Bible Audio Pronunciations iPhone application announces its launch today, featuring audio recordings of over 1,000 challenging words. To provide people with a new way to experience the Bible, the app will play recordings of terms, names, and places that many people find difficult to pronounce. The app can be especially helpful with unfamiliar Biblical names such as Shealtiel and Epaenetus.
"We wanted to give people an easy tool to raise their level of understanding and enjoyment from reading the Bible," said Michael Vance, creator of Bible Audio Pronunciations. "This app will speak out loud some of its most difficult words."
The over 1,000 audio clips were carefully researched and recorded to give listeners a clear answer to their pronunciation questions. Thanks to the portability of the iPhone and iPad devices, the Bible Audio Pronunciations app is designed to be used at home, church, or with others.
"The Bible is meant to shared with others, and this app helps people do that with confidence," Michael Vance said. "It is perfect for reading to your children, speaking at church, or reciting at a Bible study group."
Features of the Bible Audio Pronunciations app include:
* Over 1,000 audio recordings - Users can hear spoken pronunciations for a wide range of Bible words and names, including important church and historical leaders
* Search or browse for words - After locating the term, users can tap it to hear a recording read aloud
* Carefully researched and recorded - Clear audio recordings allow users to quickly find answers to their pronunciation questions
* Continually updated - New words and pronunciations will be added on a regular basis
* Share with others - The app is designed to use while reading the Bible alone or with a group
* Additional research tools - Links to Google and Wikipedia within the app direct readers to more information about the Bible words
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 8.9 MB
Pricing and availability:
The Bible Audio Pronunciations app is available in the iTunes App Store in both lite and full versions. Bible Audio Pronunciations is currently available for sale worldwide through the App Store in the Reference category for $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies). The lite version allows the user to try the app for free and access 100 of the most common audio pronunciations, while the full app features recordings of over 1,000 Bible words. Review copies are available upon request.
Based in Waldorf, Maryland, Bible Audio Pronunciations specializes in creating applications for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Their goal is to provide a comprehensive and accessible pronunciation guide to the Bible. Copyright (C) 2011 Bible Audio Pronunciations. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.