July 1, 2011 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Beaumont, Texas - Since releasing ActivePrint on the iOS platform, we have created a huge community of ActivePrint users who are interested in printing from their iPads and iPhones and who don't want to be limited to a select few models of printers from just one brand. This community has been a great resource for developing the new ActivePrint 8!
With ActivePrint 8 we have continued our tradition of maintaing printing support for the widest variety of document types in the industry to the widest variety of printers. Document types that you can print with ActivePrint include all of your popular office document types such as word processor documents (.doc, .docx, and .pages), spreadsheets (.xls, .xlsx, and .numbers), presentations (.ppt, .pptx, and .keynote), PDF files, and all of your popular image files.
Now with ActivePrint 8 you can print these document types whether they're stored on your iPad or iPhone, or in your cloud storage account (Box and DropBox), in your iWork account, or in your iTunes File Share. Now with ActivePrint 8, you have full support these document types to every printer on the market including AirPrint enabled printers.
Here is the full list of features for ActivePrint 8:
* AirPrint Compatible
* Print documents from you Box.net, DropBox, or iTunes Fileshare
* Print photos from your photo album or your device's camera
* Print the contents of your device's clipboard, letting you easily print content from other apps
* Print contacts from the address book and web pages
* Print plain text from a built in notepad screen
* Print handwritten notes from a built in sketchpad screen (iPad only)
* Support for multiple copies, portrait/landscape printing, different quality of printing, and color or black & white printing
* Print via any internet connection (WiFi or EDGE/3G network)
* Support for practically any printer available in the market
* Password lock for the built in internet browser for parental control
* iPad: iOS 4.2 or newer
* iPhone/iPod touch: iOS 4.2 or newer
* 3.9 MB
* A printer connected to a Windows Vista/7 PC via USB/WiFi/Network
* Or an AirPrint Enabled Printer
* Or Ecamm's Printopia on a Mac OSX desktop or laptop
Pricing and Availability:
ActivePrint Pro 8.0 is $3.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. ActivePrint Lite is also available in the App Store for free.
Founded in 2002 as Pocket Watch Software by Charles W. Teel, our company launched what has continued to be our lead product, ActivePrint. Teel developed the idea of ActivePrint as a college student after getting his first Pocket PC. In class, he would write pages and pages of notes on his Pocket PC but would have to manually copy those files to his desktop computer, and then print them one at a time. Frustrated, he looked for a software alternative to make this process simpler. However, the closest thing he could find would require another $400 of hardware and software, and even then it wouldn't fully automate the process. So Teel set out to develop ActivePrint, the first and only mobile printing application that gives users the ability to print right out of the box at an affordable price (even for college students). Pocket Watch Software continued to develop the ActivePrint technology to make it more effective. After reorganizing Pocket Watch Software to Pocket Watch LLC, we continue the legacy of making technology work for our customers. Copyright (C) 2002-2011 Pocket Watch Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.