July 6, 2011 in Multimedia (E)
[prMac.com] Luxembourg - Houdah Software has announced HoudahGeo 2.9, the one-stop photo geocoding solution for the Mac. With HoudahGeo you may "pin" photos to locations where they were taken. Just like an expensive GPS camera, HoudahGeo may store latitude, longitude and altitude information right within the image file - invisibly with no loss of quality. HoudahGeo writes EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags.
HoudahGeo 2.9 adds support for iPhoto libraries which reference images located on external drives. HoudahGeo 2.9 also improves compatibility with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. HoudahGeo runs on Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion. This upgrade is free to registered users.
HoudahGeo is tightly integrated with iPhoto and Aperture Places. It offers a myriad of ways to geocode and publish photos. HoudahGeo may publish projects to EveryTrail.com, prepare them for viewing in Google Earth and upload photos to Flickr.com and Locr.com.
HoudahGeo allows for automatic geocoding from GPS track logs or from iPhone reference photos. A GPS device is however optional. HoudahGeo provides several options for manual geocoding. The most popular of which being the Map Geocoding panel: this allows for finding and selecting locations on a map. HoudahGeo uses high quality Bing maps and satellite imagery.
HoudahGeo caters to two very different needs:
* Geotagging for archival purposes using EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags
* Geocoding for publishing to Google Earth, Flickr or locr
GPS device: optional. HoudahGeo offers you many ways of geocoding your favorite photos:
* Automatic: Matches photos to GPS track logs and waypoints
* iPhone / iPad: Matches photos to reference photos taken using iPhone
* Using a Google Earth: Point to the desired location
* Using a map: Pick locations using the built-in map (Bing Maps)
* Precision: Attach photos to GPS waypoints
* Manual: Enter coordinates found on Google Earth, Wikipedia, ...
GPS device: supported. HoudahGeo connects directly to many brands and models of GPS track loggers. It also reads GPX, NMEA, LOG and TCX files created by third party software.
* Mac OS X Version 10.5.2 or higher, including 10.7 Lion
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* Digital camera
* Optional GPS track logger
* Optional iPhone 3G, 3GS or 4
Pricing and Availability:
HoudahSpot 2.9 is priced at $30.00 (USD) for a single-user license. It is a free upgrade for all registered HoudahGeo 1.x and 2.x customers.
Houdah Software s.a r.l is a small company based in Luxembourg Europe. The company was founded in late 2005 by Pierre Bernard. We specialize in quality software for Mac, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Copyright (C) Houdah Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, Macintosh, Mac, Spotlight, iPhone, iPod, iPad, AirPort and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Computer. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.