July 27, 2011 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] Seoul, Republic of Korea - THISISFX today is pleased to announce Ringtone Star 1.7 for iOS, a major update to their highly rated Music app that allows users to create an unlimited number of ringtones, each up to forty seconds long from: songs from their iTunes Library, music from their iPod Library, music videos, etc. Much more than just a ringtone maker, the app's features include: music and video player (foreground or background), video to audio-only converter, automatic downloader, file sharing, folder-based music management, and email, Twitter, MMS, and Facebook connectivity.
Rated five out of five stars on The New York Times Company's About website, Contributing Writer Tanya Menoni was highly complimentary. "The editing interface is highly sensitive, so I was able to quickly select the correct portion of each song. Ringtone Star adjusts using two sliding scales, and it is much easier to maneuver than most apps I've tested.
"What really sets Ringtone Star apart, however, is its support for music videos in addition to audio files. I was able to search for a particular song on Google Videos, download it..." and "...transform the video into a ringtone in minutes. This is the only ringtone app I've tested that has this feature, and I was very impressed by how easy it was to create ringtones from a downloaded video. You can also record your own voice or sounds using the iPhone's built-in microphone."
Ringtone Maker Features:
* Highly accurate, simple to operate editing interface
* Highly sensitive controls allow editing to a fraction of a second
* Set in-point and out-point with slider interface and fine scrubbing control
* Displays music waveform without song loading delay
* Supports swipe gestures to switch tracks
* Scrolling music selection interface as used in iPod
* Use either audio or video files to create ringtones
* Supports iPod (iPhone) Music Library
* Supports video and audio files downloaded from web
* Convenient downloading interface
Music and Video Player Features:
* Automatically play, fade in/fade out, AB repeat On/Off, and swipe to move to Previous/Next
* Background playback of videos
* Continuous playback of videos and audio
* Shuffle function
* Supports iPod playlists and downloaded file playlists
* Easy to use music selection interface for iPod (iPhone music library)
* Powerful folder management
* File transferring via USB (iTunes File Sharing Documents)
* Supports Open in
* Supports Twitter, Facebook, and MMS for sharing links for music video on player
* Quickly set up files for individual or batch downloading in the background
* Built-in Google search box to easily find videos with one-touch downloading
* Supports automatic conversion of song titles into file names
* Supports more sites than most downloading apps (e.g., Pandora TV)
* Open downloaded files from other apps
"Now you can download a video with a single touch or dozens of videos at once, and enjoy playing videos and music without annoying buffering and sync," explained developer Duckyoung Oh. "If you find a good source for a ringtone while watching a video or listening to music, Ringtone Star makes it easy to create and save your new ringtone, and then immediately go back to your video or music."
* US English, Bokmal, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* iOS 4.0 or later
* 6.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Ringtone Star 1.7 is only $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category. Ringtone Star Lite 1.7 is available free. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in Seoul, Republic of Korea, the THISISFX Inc. team is a small independent company founded by Duckyoung Oh in October of 2007. With over ten years of software experience, THISISFX desires to share and enjoy their applications with the world. Copyright (C) 2011 THISISFX Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.