August 11, 2011 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Incline Village, Nevada - Xeric Design today updated EarthDesk, its award-winning, real-time dynamic desktop map, to support spaces in Lion (OS X 10.7). EarthDesk replaces your static desktop with an image of the Earth showing current sun, moon and city illumination, as well as real-time global cloud coverage. The software operates silently in the background, keeping your desktop updated while you work. EarthDesk's dynamic desktop is continuously displayed as your desktop background and optionally as a screen saver.
The software operates silently in the background, keeping your desktop updated while you work. Unlike a screen saver, which only appears when your system is idle, EarthDesk's dynamic desktop is continuously displayed as your desktop background (and optionally as a screen saver).
Major new features introduced in EarthDesk 5.7:
* Faster rendering, lower processor usage, more robust and a cleaner interface
* Seasonal maps, with snow and vegetation levels changing month-to-month
* Supports higher resolution map and cloud data on large displays
* Adjustable brightness and background color
* Starfield background option
* Updated political map now displays city lights and/or moonlight
* Supports dual GPUs controlling a single screen on the new i5 and i7 Macs
* Checks for updates automatically
* Mac OS X 10.5 or later
Pricing and Availability
EarthDesk is available for $24.95 USD from the Xeric Design website with discounted future upgrades or for $17.95 USD through the Mac App Store in the Utilities category without discounted upgrades.
Xeric Design, based in Incline Village, Nevada, is a leader in global time and mapping software. Its flagship product, EarthDesk, for both Macintosh and Windows, is enjoyed by users in more than 140 countries. Copyright (C) 2011 Xeric Design. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.