August 30, 2011 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Indie developers Widget Revolt announced an update to their hit retro arcade gaming title, Ice Tales. By player request, a new level select feature has been added. Widget Revolt also totally revamped the free version and will make it available later this year. It will includes all levels through ad support. Ice Tales is a classically inspired maze game where old meets new. With modern, full-screen controls, the game is based on the journey of Pendleton Penguin who is trying to rescue his friends from an evil queen. As you try to help Pendleton, you must help him outmaneuver the queen's complicated mazes by sliding and flying across distant icebergs, angry volcanoes and an evil palace while avoiding enemies. The game is appropriate for all ages. Ice Tales is a great value on the App Store at US $.99 for the iPhone/iPod version and US $1.99 for the iPad version. The full ad-supported version will be available later this year.
"Players were asking us to add the level select feature and we listened," says Brian Chen, product manager and Widget Revolt co-founder. "The ad supported free version allows players on a limited budget to experience the full game. We will be glad to be able to offer that as an alternative to the full price version. We think it will be good for everyone."
Ice Tales includes tons of levels filed with increasingly more complicated mazes and dozens of achievements. Ice Tales challenges players to clear mazes by collecting starfish, baskets of fish and other goodies. Along the way you must conquer giant crabs, evil seals, hungry squid, angry sea birds, moon walking polar bears and the queen herself to save the day and rescue your friends. With full Game Center and OpenFeint integration, all levels can be replayed to earn bigger bonuses and achievements while increasing your score and challenging your friends. With multiple difficulty settings, the game can adapt to the player, with challenges for both younger players and experienced players alike.
Features of Ice Tales include:
* Journey across four different chapters in distant icebergs, angry volcanoes and an evil queen's palace.
* Collect starfish, baskets of fish and other goodies to make it through the queen's evil mazes, earn bonuses and achievements.
* Defend yourself from giant crabs, evil seals, hungry squid, angry sea birds, moon walking polar bears and the ice queen herself.
* Level select feature allows you to skip levels of the game you've already completed or play them again for a better score.
* Old made new again game play: Full screen swipe to move and tap to jump mimic classic arcade games in a responsive, fun way.
* Challenging retro arcade game play with 3 difficulty settings for the casual gamer to the avid gamer.
* Challenge your friends with Game Center and OpenFeint integration.
* Take a trip back in time. Cute retro-cartoon graphics optimized for Retina Display.
* Original 8-bit soundtrack.
* Dozens of achievements.
* Facebook and Twitter integration.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 18.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Ice Tales 1.1 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Located in lovely San Francisco, California, Widget Revolt was founded in 2010. We aim to make computing more fun, simple, elegant and a lot less isolating on the web and on your mobile phone. We are building widgets in the areas of gaming, social media, location based services and interesting combinations of the three. Copyright (C) 2011 Widget Revolt. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.