September 7, 2011 in Promotions (E)
[prMac.com] Traverse City, Michigan - MacUpdate kicked off its September 2011 software bundle Wednesday, featuring another unprecedented collection of 10 first-rate Mac apps, including Toast 11 Titanium, for just $49.99. The limited-time bundle represents a savings of 90%, or more than $400, and includes:
1. Toast 11 Titanium* ($99.95) - The newest version of the venerable multimedia suite is the best way to burn CDs and DVDs, prepare your media files for playback on iOS devices or the Web, digitize your old records and tapes to audio CDs or MP3s, capture audio from any application, stream TV programming from your TiVo, create disc labels, and more.
With the optional Toast 11 High-Def/Blu-ray Disc Plug-in (normally $19.99, but available to bundle buyers for $9.99), Mac users can finally burn data and movies to Blu-ray discs, as well as HD video to standard DVDs.
2. Data Rescue 3 ($99.00) - The #1 utility for recovering data from a crashed drive or accidentally deleted files, with more top ratings and reviews than any other. Included in our bundle are both the stand-alone app and a bootable DVD image, so you'll be able to use Data Rescue's full capabilities, even on your startup volume.
3. FX Photo Studio Pro 2* ($39.99) - An attractive new app that makes it easy to apply more than 190 effects and editing tools to your photos. Perfect for professionals or hobbyists alike, FX Photo Studio Pro is one of the highest rated and most popular apps in its category on the Mac App Store.
4. Fantastical* ($19.99) - One of the most-talked about apps of the year and a surefire way to boost your productivity, Fantastical not only puts all your calendars just a click away in the menu bar, but lets you create new events in natural language. Just type "Dinner with Susan Thursday at 7pm" and Fantastical smartly adds it to your calendar without having to change apps or click a number of options. Fantastical works with iCal, BusyCal, Entourage, Outlook, and more.
5. iStat Menus 3* ($16) - The most advanced system monitor available for Mac OS X, iStat menus is a power user's dream, putting real-time stats of your Mac's CPU, memory, network, disk usage, disk activity and sensors in your menu bar. A beautiful, customizable user interface only makes this more a must-have than all the 5-out-of-5 ratings its received.
6. PhoneView ($19.95) - Quite simply the best way to get any data on or off of your iOS device. Use your iPhone like an external drive and copy any files to it, automatically backup and archive voice mails and text messages for later reference, copy music and videos from your device to iTunes (not just the other way around). PhoneView is a natural companion for all iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users.
7. Concealer* ($19.95) - Protect your private data from prying eyes by letting Concealer encrypt your passwords and sensitive notes, plus any files or folders on your Mac. Suddenly, everything sensitive is secure, with this simple to use utility.
8. EarthDesk 5* ($24.95) - When you're tired of your static desktop picture, replace it with EarthDesk and you'll be looking at a dynamically rendered image of Earth showing correct sun, moon and city illumination. Optionally, you can display real-time global cloud cover, allowing you to track hurricanes and typhoons, or simply admire our beautiful planet.
9. Mellel ($29) - The best word processor that you may never have heard of, Mellel has been the gold standard for those working with long documents, like a thesis or dissertation. It's also great for technical writing, and offers unmatched flexibility, customization, and multilingual support.
10. Bookends 11* ($99) - Since you shouldn't tackle any serious writing without a serious reference management tool, we packed the best one into this bundle. Bookends lets you import references directly from Internet sources like PubMed, Google Scholar, and Amazon. It can also scan entire electronic documents, making it the perfect app for university students, writers, and researchers.
"We've put together a terrific collection of top-rated apps that any Mac user can benefit from," said Misha Sakellaropoulo, COO of MacUpdate. "With the broad appeal of these best-in-class titles, buyers are sure to make many of these daily fixtures as part of their Mac's workflow."
Pricing and Availability:
The MacUpdate September 2011 Bundle is available for $49.99 (USD) exclusively from MUPromo and ends September 21, 2011. For an additional $9.99 (worldwide shipping included), buyers can purchase the bundle on DVD.
MacUpdate was founded in 1997 and has since become the leading Mac software site on the Web. The site remains independently owned and operated and represents one of the largest Apple communities online. MacUpdate Promo was launched in 2006 and delivers 24-hour daily software deals and periodic bundles.