September 16, 2011 in Social Networking (E)
[prMac.com] New York, New York - Industrious families now have a new way to stay in touch with Jumvo, a voice-based group messaging service available for iPhone and iPod touch. With Jumvo, members of the family and close friends can easily communicate by sending voice messages to one another without the worries of interrupting an important presentation, time zone differences, or international calling charges.
As the first fully Facebook-linked voice-based messaging service, Jumvo presents a new medium to foster conversation. By combining the intimacy of a phone call with the ease of texting, Jumvo allows its users to send voice messages to anyone in their social network through individual messages and aural group threads. Jumvo casts away the inconveniences of voicemails and untimely phone calls as users can listen and respond to messages at their convenience. Additionally, if the recipient is not currently using Jumvo, they can still access Jumvo sent voice message from their inbox on Facebook.
How It Works:
* Jumvo sends voice-based messages delivered via iOS push notifications.
* Launch Jumvo and Connect to Facebook - Use your Facebook login connect to Jumvo to access the apps features.
* Select Contacts to Message or Invite - Jumvo connects you to your Facebook friends, delivering a voice message via push-notification.
* Custom Invitations - Who wants another spam invite? If a friend doesn't have Jumvo, record a message, invite them and your voice message is delivered directly to your friend's Facebook inbox.
* Speak and Send - Using the iPhone's proximity sensor, Jumvo allows users to simply record a message without tapping a button to do so. Just hold the phone to your ear and speak your message.
"The world of group messaging is full of services that simply enhance the traditional text message," explains Jumvo producer, Kenji Tomita. "Jumvo really stands out from its competitors in that it bridges the gap between impersonal text messages and traditional phone calls. Now, whether you're looking to connect your tech-savvy kids with grandparents across the pond or just want to hear the voice of your college kid who's busy exploring the world on their own for the first time, Jumvo is the ultimate solution!"
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 2.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Jumvo 1.3 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category.
Emerging from one of the trendiest locations in Japan, Genesix Inc. was founded on May 17, 2010 in Shibuya, Tokyo by a group of young, forward-thinking individuals. The development studio aims to usher in the next evolution of smartphone apps that are as intuitive as they are revolutionary. The progressive team is focused on delivering the highest-quality products for technology enthusiasts worldwide and disrupting current trends with their cutting-edge innovation. Copyright (C) 2011 Genesix Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.