September 23, 2011 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Amsterdam, Netherlands - AssistiveWare(R) today is pleased to announce the release of Pictello(TM) 1.3, which now provides free access to 50 voices in 23 languages and adds four new localizations: French, Spanish, German and Dutch. Pictello is a simple way to create talking photo albums and talking books for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Each page in a Pictello Story can contain a picture, up to five lines of text, and a recorded sound or text-to-speech using natural-sounding voices. Stories can be shared using iTunes File Sharing or via WiFi with other Pictello users through a free account on the Pictello Sharing Server.
This free upgrade for current users brings the following new features and enhancements:
* Additional free, natural-sounding Acapela Group text-to-speech voices available for download in 23 languages
* Support for the creation of multilingual stories
* Fully localized in French, Spanish, German and Dutch, including the in-app help
* New voice download manager supporting background downloads
* Support for iOS Document Integration
* Additional fonts available for story creation
Pictello is developed for both adults and children of all skill levels, so everyone can use it to share important moments in their lives. Pictello offers an easy visual story creation wizard and an expert editor that offers more advanced editing capabilities.
Uses for Pictello stories include:
* Stories to teach social skills or to recall events
* Photo albums to allow non-speaking people to share their news and interests
* Sharing important events and memories with family who live far away
* Talking books
* Teaching narrative skills as part of a literacy or language skills curriculum
* Schedules, Task instructions, etc.
* Share stories or write group stories using iPad on a VGA monitor or interactive white board (VGA adapter required)
* Create multilingual stories using text-to-speech or voice recordings
Version 1.3 of Pictello is localized in English, French, Spanish, German and Dutch. North American English male and female voices are included, with American children's voices and voices for 23 languages and dialects available as free downloads! Pictello does not require an active Internet connection for story creation or playback. Pictello is a universal app and can, without extra costs, be used on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. For more information, please visit the Pictello web page.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 207 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Pictello 1.3 is $18.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
AssistiveWare is the worldwide leader in innovative assistive technology software for Mac OS X that gives people back their lives. LVI is recognized as one of the world's leading manufacturers of equipment for visually impaired people. The head office is located in Vaxjo, Sweden, and currently 40 people are working within the organization. Copyright (C) 2011 AssistiveWare. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. AssistiveWare and ConvenienceWare are trade names of AssistiveWare B.V. and trademarks or registered trademarks of Niemeijer Consult. GhostReader, VisioVoice, SwitchXS, KeyStrokes, TouchStrokes, LayoutKitchen, VisioVoice, Proloquo2Go and Proloquo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Niemeijer Consult. MagniLink and MagniLink iMax are trademarks of LVI Low Vision International. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.