September 28, 2011 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Edmonton, Canada - Pyxwise Software is honoured that Simplex Spelling HD has received educational awards from both Apps For Homeschooling and Kids Apps Awards. Apps For Homeschooling is an app review site with the goal of helping homeschooling families find the best-of-the-best homeschooling apps for children. Kids Apps Awards is a Dutch based children's app review site that posts their reviews in both Dutch and English. Both sites give educational awards only to the highest quality educational applications.
Simplex Spelling HD received 5 out of 5 ratings for all categories on both sites. Categories included Fun/games, Educational, Audio, Graphics, Interactivity, Mom's Ratings, Kids Ratings and Overall ratings.
Apps For Homeschooling awards their coveted "Golden App Award" to only those apps that are good enough to form the core of a digital homeschooling curriculum for a certain subject and learning level. Jennifer Bogart states "An app that has received a Golden App Award has achieved a high standard of excellence in developing educationally sound, professionally designed apps of true use to homeschooling families."
Simplex Spelling HD continues to earn rave reviews from the media:
* The iPhone Mom Approved - 'If "tremendous" was a Dolch sight word then you would find it in Simplex Spelling HD and it would be right at home because this is a tremendous spelling app!' "The app begins with one of the best help features that I've ever seen in an educational app."
* Apps for iPads - "If you have a child or an ESL friend learning to spell in our English language I would recommend installing Simplex Spelling HD app for iPads, iPhone and iPod touch today!"
* iHeartThisApp - "There is a very powerful hint system within the app that doesn't just give away the answer but helps the child get to the correct answer."
* iPad Apps Reviewer - "Simplex Spelling is a powerful tool that enhances children's spelling and reading skills. With its simple yet effective approach, kids could have fun while learning the most important words in English."
* PadGadget Recommended - "If anybody in your life is learning to spell, this is a fantastically simple little app that could really help." "The interface is foolproof. It is very easy to use and the narration is crystal clear."
* The Daily App Show Featured App - "If you are looking for a great spelling app, feature packed for your iPad, Simplex Spelling HD is your app." "It's a beautiful app in its functionality." "Its not only just teaching you how to spell the words, it teaches you why they are spelled a certain way, so that you have a good understanding."
Simplex Spelling HD features:
* More than 240 high frequency spelling words to help build literacy
* Spelling words are spoken and used in a sentence to establish context
* The introduction spelling list seamlessly leads a student through all of the application's features by providing spoken information while having the student spell new words
* A powerful phonics hint feature sounds out each word and provides a list of possible phonograms for each sound
* Features a full "reverse phonics" approach that includes sounds made by all the different letter combinations. This is in addition to the basic "single letter" phonics that most applications are limited to
* Contextually relevant spelling rule hints that help explain "how to spell" English words
* Unique letter by letter feedback system that provides feedback while the student is in the process of spelling each word
* Guaranteed success on every word
* Support for multiple user accounts
* User stats screen that allows you to see at a glance words that have been mastered and words that require further practice
* Remembers each user's position in every list, so that you can immediately resume from where you last left off
* Supports both upper and lower case letters
* Supports both alphabetic and QWERTY keyboard layouts
* Supports both US and Canadian English spelling of words
* An approach that appeals to audio, visual and tactile learners
* Universal App that can be purchased once and will work on your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices
* Works with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, 3/4G iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 30.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Simplex Spelling HD regularly priced at $6.99, will be available on the App Store for $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) this Friday Sept 30th, 2011 as part of an App Friday promotion in partnership with Mom's With Apps. Simplex Spelling Lite is now also available for free on the App Store. Available worldwide exclusively on the App Store in the Education category by searching for 'Simplex Spelling'. Promo codes are available upon request. Please specify the website or blog being represented when making a request.
Pyxwise Software Inc. is an independent developer of family friendly games and educational software. It was co-founded by Craig Welburn B.A.Sc, B.Sc. and Lisa Welburn Ph.D. in 2011. The Pyxwise series of applications can be found on the App Store worldwide by searching for 'Pyxwise Software Inc.'. Copyright (C) 2011 Pyxwise Software Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch are registered trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.