November 1, 2011 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Port Mooy, Canada - Cage of Monkeys today is pleased to announce that their first game, Quadra, is now available exclusively for the iPhone and iPod touch. Quadra is an addictive, fast paced Action-Puzzle game that anyone can pick up and play, and enjoy. Your goal is to remove blocks from a grid by forming 2x2 patterns of the same color. The more blocks you chain together the higher your score.
The objective is simple in Quadra, earn the highest score possible by matching colored blocks before the pile reaches the top of the grid. The more blocks you match, the higher your score climbs. We've added bombs and different Power-Ups to change your strategy. With 3 modes and an increasing difficulty level for each mode, there's always a chance to achieve a higher score.
Quadra has a simple gameplay mechanic that hooks you quickly, becoming more difficult and challenging as you progress through the game. With 30 achievements and Game Center Leaderboard integration, see how you rank against your friends.
* Challenge yourself with 9 different ways to achieve the highest score
* Choose between 3 difficulty levels. Each level increases your chance for a higher score
* Special Power-Ups unlocked as you play through the modes. Each Power-Up has a unique feel
* Earn high scores using a bonus multiplier and multiple chains
* Randomized Grid - Just when you feel you've mastered Quadra, start a game with a randomized grid. Try the Suicide Grid, if you dare
* Game Center Leaderboards - See how you compare to your friends
* Game Achievements - 30 different achievements to earn, that will increase your chain bonus multiplier
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later
* 8.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Quadra 1.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Cage of Monkeys, an independent development studio based out of British Columbia, Canada, was formed in 2011 by Gary McKay and Jorge Freitas. Copyright (C) 2011 Cage of Monkeys. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.