November 2, 2011 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Panama City, Panama - Designed by parents for parents, SelenaSoft, Inc. today is pleased to introduce Baby Rattle Toy, its latest intuitive and interactive app for iPhone and iPad that helps toddlers develop fine motor skills in a fun way. Baby Rattle Toy features bright colors and cheerful sounds that change and respond to a baby's touch of the screen. A playful cast of characters - a purring cat, charming fox, shining sun, and more - bounce and move across the screen. Children can start playing with Baby Rattle Toy as soon the app is launched, without a menu or start button to get in the way.
"Baby Rattle Toy is not only fun and engaging, it is also a great learning tool for your baby," said Viacheslav Korotaiev, Founder of SelenaSoft. "The app encourages the development of fine motor skills and teaches babies how to perform precise tasks."
One of the things that make the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch ideal for teaching children is their touch-based interfaces. At a young age, children learn with all of their senses and one of their most important tools is their hands. The devices' ability for interaction makes it easier for babies to do precise tasks in a small environment.
This is what makes apps such as Baby Rattle Toy a valuable tool for a child's learning. In Baby Rattle Toy, a child develops fine motor skills by following a smiling sun on screen and touching it to make it bounce. In the background, a cheerful melody plays and either slows down or speeds up depending on the sun's movement.
Fine motor skills are invaluable to children because they are learned through repetition, and are required in being able to do discrete tasks. These are more difficult for children to master because they are dependent on muscle control, judgment, patience and brain coordination. There is a variety of fine motor skills that children are made to learn. These can range from a simple act such as buttoning a shirt to playing the piano.
Baby Rattle Toy inconspicuously teaches a baby how to focus as well. By keeping their attention on screen, children learn to associate their movements with what they see and hear, without having to wander off. Features of the Baby Rattle Toy app include:
* Entertains children - Vibrant colors, cheerful melodies and an engaging cast of characters are combined to keep toddlers entertained for hours.
* Develops fine motor skills - Teaches babies how to perform precise tasks, improving their dexterity.
* Teaches cause and effect relationships - Characters appear and bounce across the screen as music plays, interacting with a child's vision, touch and hearing.
* Makes learning fun - Repetition is an important part of motor learning, helping a child reinforce new motor skills through practice. The app holds babies' attention and keeps them learning.
* Recommended for children with special needs - Baby Rattle Toy makes it easier for a child to learn from involuntary, reflexive movements through vivid graphics and sound.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 3.3 MB
Pricing and availability:
Baby Rattle Toy 1.1.8 is currently available for sale worldwide through the App Store in the Education category for $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies). Review copies are available upon request. Baby Rattle Toy Free is available for free through the App Store.
Based in Panama, SelenaSoft, Inc. specializes in creating fun and educational apps for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. The company has released four apps to the App Store: Baby Rattle Toy, Baby Rattle Toy Free, Christmas Baby Rattle, and Christmas Baby Rattle Free. Copyright (C) 2011 SelenaSoft, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.