November 13, 2011 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] San Francisco, California - Glyfyx Inc today is pleased to announce version 1.02 of Alphabuild, its letter arcade game for iOS. Alphabuild takes place in a whimsical letter factory, where players must capture objects from a conveyor to complete the alphabet. The first level is an easy, no-penalty way to practice letter recognition and construction. At higher levels, players must quickly dodge or zap obstacles before they cause trouble. Players collect power-ups, pop bonus bubbles, and earn stars and points along the way. Alphabuild lets you play as many rounds as needed to earn perfect gold stars for the whole alphabet. Rich visuals and snappy gameplay make Alphabuild a fun educational game for kids, and a catchy reflex game for parents.
* New: ten unique and colorful game screens to choose from, including a beehive, bookcase and tiki lodge
* Three difficulty levels, each with its own scoreboard
* Go For Gold! Play unlimited new rounds until you have gold stars for all your letters
* Tilt your device to control your game speed
* Play Alphabetically or Randomly
* Bonus 'A-Z Soundboard' activity
* Detailed sound controls, preferences and tutorial
* A fully designed experience: rich visuals (HD for Retina Display), a fresh soundtrack and whimsical sounds
* No in-app purchases, locked levels or upgrade fees. Just a fun new way to play with the alphabet
* Parenting Magazine, ScreenPlay App of the Week! 9/7/11
* "...Unique, well-done and with a ton of cool things on a conveyer belt. A lot to it for 99 cents." - Smart Apps For Kids
* "I'm all for games that make learning entertaining and engaging. Alphabuild does both." - The iPhone Mom
* "Alphabuild is a wonderful app to teach kids colors, shapes, and letters while building cognitive spatial awareness and critical thinking skills." - Smart App Kids
* "AlphaBuild is perhaps one of the best, if not the best, apps to teach the alphabet." - Lunchbox Reviews
* "...Instructive in a playful manner..." 5 Stars - Kids Apps Awards, NL
Glyfyx is offering free sticker sheets, postcards and other fun goodies to its Facebook Fans and Twitter Followers, while supplies last. Visit their website for the details, and to claim your own Glyfyx freebies.
* iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and 4s, 3/4G iPod touch, iPad 1 and iPad 2
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 42.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Alphabuild 1.02 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Glyfyx, Inc. is a game design company based in San Francisco. The six-person studio is an imprint of PSY/OPS, a typeface design firm that has created proprietary fonts for some of the largest corporations in the world, including many videogame and technology giants. For its first iOS release, Alphabuild, the Glyfyx team wanted to pay tribute to the idea of building letters, something that is near and dear to their hearts. PSY/OPS was established in 1995, and Glyfyx formally launched in 2011. Copyright (C) 1995-2011 Glyfyx, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.