December 1, 2011 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Houston, Texas - Saffron Byte announced today the release of their latest app: Sparky, The Christmas Elf for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Sparky, The Christmas Elf is a simple, yet addictive game suitable for players of all ages. The player's goal is to catch as many presents as possible while avoiding harmful objects. The player can also collect coins, which he or she can use to upgrade power-ups.
The player controls the title character, Sparky, by tilting the iOS device left and right. Controls are fluid and intuitive. In addition, Sparky, The Christmas Elf is compatible with Apple's Game Center. It provides 2 Game Center leader-boards and 28 Game Center achievements. Visually, Sparky, The Christmas Elf sets itself apart because every object, button, character, and piece of scenery is handmade with modeling clay and photographed using an iPhone 4.
* Addictive game play with intuitive controls
* Collect presents and coins to increase score
* Upgradable power-ups
* 28 Game Center achievements and 2 Game Center leader boards
* Score multiplier increases every time a Game Center achievement is unlocked
* Plays Christmas carols in the background
* Option to buy more coins through the in-app purchase feature in order to upgrade power-ups at a faster rate
* Every object, button, character, and piece of scenery in the game is handmade with modeling clay and photographed using an iPhone 4
* There will be more content added in the near future
* iPhone 3G or higher, iPad, or 2G iPod touch or later
* iOS 4.1 or later
* Universal Application
* 9.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Sparky, The Christmas Elf is $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Founded in Houston, Texas, Saffron Byte is an independent company dedicated to creating innovative apps for iOS devices across a wide range of genres. Copyright (C) 2011 Saffron Byte. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.