December 2, 2011 in Entertainment (E)
[prMac.com] Seoul, Korea - Real-Time Video calls with the hottest KPOP stars became a reality with the release of the hot new app StarCall. Officially endorsed by 20 Korean pop superstars, StarCall offers its users unprecedented access to their idols through an innovative video mail feature set.
Participating pop celebrities record their own videos and send them to fans via StarCall as soon as they're done. StarCall gives its users the chance to meet their stars practically "face-to-face." Fans not only receive video mail "StarCalls," they can send video fan mail, too!
Receiving StarCalls let fans see what the stars are up to right this minute - getting psyched up for an appearance, spending time in a cafe with friends, or just relaxing at home. Additional videos are available in English, Chinese, Japanese, and Taiwanese, so devotees don't have to be fluent in Korean to take advantage of this unique opportunity to get to know these celebrities.
Video StarCalls might be the hottest feature StarCall has on offer, but it's not the only one. StarCall is packed with features for the KPOP addict. StarCall puts social network updates (Facebook, Twitter) and hot headlines at fans' fingertips with a beautifully designed interface.
Exclusive video, up-to-the-minute updates and tailored alerts make StarCall a one-stop-shop for the millions of fans who can't get enough KPOP.
* Get in-depth access to the off-stage life of the stars - catch them hanging out, cruising with friends, or even in their own homes, all on video!
* Respond with your own video fan mail!
* Targeted news feeds that deliver the hottest gossip and headlines!
* Keep your finger on the pulse of KPOP by reading and replying to updates as they happen!! Fully integrated, this feature allows fans to view any K-POP star's the entire timeline. Fans can comment on their favorite K-POP Star's fanpage or and reply and retweet on Twitter instantly!
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 9.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
StarCall 1.0 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
SK planet, a wholly owned subsidiary of SK telecom, was established in October 1, 2011 with an aspiration to become a global platform innovator. As the lynchpin of SK telecom's future growth, the company was spun off with the industry-leading platform businesses including T-Store, T-map, MelOn, and Cyworld, Korea's biggest mobile app store, mobile navigation, online music service and SNS respectively. Copyright (C) 2011 SK planet. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.