December 19, 2011 in Social Networking (E)
[prMac.com] Dearbrn, Michigan - My Status is pleased to announce the release of My Status - Your Phone Social Networking Status for iOS devices.
My Status provides a simple, yet a powerful and creative solution to a two fold common problem that we all face when it comes to telephone communication: Dealing with phone calls that come at inappropriate times, and choosing the right time to call people. Inspired by the availability status feature in chat messengers, My Status allows the users to set a status that describes their availability or willingness to receive phone calls. Once a status is set, it is visible in real time to all users' contacts who have the users' phone numbers and use My Status.
Similarly, using the integrated address book, the users can check the status of their contacts who use the app to find out if it is a good time to call.
Using the Auto Status feature that can automatically and intelligently detect the user's status, users can ensure their status is always up to date without ever having to open the app once the Auto Status feature is enabled.
My Status is much more than just an availability indicator. With the ability to customize the status with custom text, and 460 Emoji icons, users can get creative with expressing their thoughts that they want to communicate with their friends.
* Status selection from lists of statuses that describe different life situations.
* Status customization with combinations of custom text and Emoji icons.
* Status shuffle to quickly select from all lists of statuses.
* Event Auto Status feature detects events such as driving, talking on the phone, low battery, and listening to iPod, and automatically set the status accordingly.
* Location Auto Status feature detects when entering or leaving a certain location specified by the user on the map, and automatically sets the status to the status assigned by the user to those locations.
* Time Auto Status feature can be used to schedule statuses for events that occur frequently, such as sleeping every day at 10 PM, having a meeting every Monday at 9 AM, etc.
* Automatically post status with Emoji icons to Facebook and Twitter.
* Selection from different colors to make the status more expressive.
* Real time notifications when any of the user's contacts change their statuses.
* iPhone, iPod, and iPad running on iOS 4 or later.
* Internet connection.
Pricing and Availability:
As a promotion, My Status - Your Phone Social Networking Status 2.0.3 is offered for free worldwide for the first 10,000 users only. Price afterwards is $0.99 or equivalent. A free version with some limitations is also available.
My Status is a start up US based company specializing in iPhone Social Networking apps. As of December 2011, four apps under the company's profile are available in the App Store. A number of new apps are under development and are expected to be released early 2012.