December 20, 2011 in Entertainment (E)
[prMac.com] Peoria, Illinois - Onomaly Software has announced the v2.0.0 releases of "iRunTrains" and "iRunTrains for iPhone." These are 3D, hobby train simulators for the iPad and iPhone. Fun to play and pleasant to just watch, these apps are fun for all ages. Drive trains, control speed, direction and braking with the touch train selector, throttle and brake controls. Select from many dynamic views that "chase" and track the trains. With these iOS train sets, you can even take a virtual ride on the steam or diesel engines.
One iTunes iRunTrains user declares, "If you like model trains, you'll love this." Another declares, "It's got plenty of well-thought-out features, endless views and options."
* Drive your trains: Control train speed and direction and switch turnouts using simple touch controls
* Watch your trains: Select from many dynamic views that "chase" and track the trains.
* Ride your trains: Choose from 4 different vantage points on train engines or cabooses
* Guide your trains: Activate the color-coded turn switches just in time to avoid "calamity"
* Change your trains: Switch out engines and cars - even on the move
* Change your tracks: 9 awesome track layouts!
* Train wrecked? No problem they bounce away and are immediately ready for more action
* No big setup; play iRunTrains immediately
* Elegant, scrolling track selector
* Full touch gesture-based interface; pinch to zoom; drag to change view angle; tap to pan
* Excellent 3D graphics
* Serene, seaside layouts with a shimmering sea and changing tide
* Buildings, bridges, loading docks, and houses complete the scenery
* Immersive 3D audio
* Horns, steam whistles, bells, diesel and steam engine sounds
* Real train physics that include collision and derailment detection
* Post a photo from album or camera (iPad 2) to the billboard
* Choice of sea type, terrain color and textures
* Beautifully rendered moving sky
* 6 viewing modes
* Hideaway control panel
* Help overlay
* US English, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean and Spanish
* iRunTrains is compatible with iPad, iPad 2
** iOS 4.2 or later
* iRunTrains for iPhone is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPod touch 4th Generation
** iOS 4.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
iRunTrains 2.0.0 ($2.99 USD) and iRunTrains for iPhone 2.0.0 ($1.99 USD) are available worldwide through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
iRunTrains on iOS is a collaboration between Onomaly Software and Code-Puppy Software. With headquarters in Illinois, Onomaly LLC was founded in 2008 to develop innovative, entertaining and engaging apps for Apple iOS. Onomaly LLC offers iRunTrains and several other well-reviewed apps through the App Store. Other Onomaly apps that have received national media attention are notepiler 9 and Vow Box. Copyright (C) 2012 Onomaly LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, iPhone, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.