February 13, 2012 in Multimedia (E)
[prMac.com] Huelva, Spain - Announcing that One Geek Army, the developers of MovieIcon, has released the updated version of MovieIcon 2.6.2 for Mac users with a Lion operating system. MovieIcon automatically searches out video cover art for users' movie and TV show titles, resulting in a spectacular coverflow and faster locating of specific videos from a user's collection of titles. The 2.6.2 version update includes requested user features, improved IMDb searches for lesser known titles, and iTunes artwork embedding (Lion Only).
In its continual striving to provide the ultimate user experience, One Geek Army is proud to announce another exciting update for MovieIcon.
MovieIcon is a Mac app that makes it fast and easy for users to create an impressive coverflow for their collection of videos. Users merely drag their title covers into the app and MovieIcon automatically searches out all of the available artwork for each title, based on the file's name. This can be done with a single file, or in batches. It works for movies, TV shows, and non-commercial or personally created videos.
The application's 2.6.2 version is loaded with highly requested user features such as improved IMDb search ability. The app now performs a more thorough auto search for TV shows and those movies that are not very well known. If a title and corresponding artwork cannot be found by a file's name, users are now also able to edit the name for increased chances of locating a cover poster.
In the case of rare, personal, or lesser known titles, poster art simply may not be available. Developers have considered that possibility and have provided generic art covers, as well as the ability for users to add their own covers. When a movie library is organized with pictures representing the titles, users are able to very quickly flip through and find what they're looking for.
These are some of the features offered in MovieIcon:
* Attractive, easy-to-use interface
* Specifically designed for Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and 10.7 (Lion)
* Simply drag movie/TV show files into app to automatically find a selection of cover art
* Add custom artwork, or use supplied generic covers when needed
* App will embed cover art to iTunes compatible movies (Lion Only)
* Drag out found image to Finder
* Makes finding a specific movie fast and easy
* Beautifully displays any video collection
* Supports most movie formats
* Find poster art for multiple movies at once - does single and batch searches
* Assign cover art to single videos, or to numerous videos all at once
* Editable search titles
* Suggestions by email for a better user experience are very welcome
One of the most exciting features of this latest product update is the option to quickly and easily embed the cover art of iTunes compatible files.
* Mac computer
* Requires Mac OS X 10.6 or 10.7
* 12.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
MovieIcon 2.6.2 is only $9.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request.
Located in Huelva, Spain, One Geek Army focuses on the customer experience by building small, nice and useful Mac OS X and iOS applications. Code, graphics, design, music, webs… One Geek Army does it all. Copyright (C) 2012 One Geek Army. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.