June 4, 2012 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Ashdod, Israel - Ashdod, Israel - Ashdod, Israel - Apparent Software is proud to announce the launch of Trickster 2.0 - a major update and renaming of their popular Blast application. Trickster is a productivity booster application that places all recently used files at user's fingertips, providing him with a fast and easy access to them.
Trickster keeps track of all the files the user has been recently using on his Mac. With Trickster, all these documents are just one click away, accessible anytime from menu bar. Trickster improves Blast performance and user interface, as well as expanding upon Blast functionality by adding numerous user-requested features.
* Drag and drop files from Trickster to Finder or any other application.
* Open files and applications from Trickster, preview them or reveal in Finder.
* Use preset filters to only display images, audio files, videos, documents, applications, folders and specific locations such as Dropbox and download folders. User can create custom filters as well.
* Track only relevant files and ignore all the rest.
* A preview for all the files in the list allows the user to find his file visually just by looking at its icon.
* Favorites "sticky" bar provides fast access to most frequently used files, folders and applications. Drop files on a 'favorite' folder to move it there or drop on a 'favorite' application to open it with that specific app.
* The list of recent files is shown even after Trickster was closed and Mac was rebooted.
* Trickster is 100% keyboard-friendly. For ultimate productivity and speed, it can be used entirely without mouse or by combining mouse with keyboard shortcuts and hotkeys.
Major functionality added in this release:
* Improved UI and performance
* Ability to search files by typing
* Custom filters that allow user to filter files based on their kind & extension, name, location etc.
* Improved file tracking definition, that allow user to define exactly and easily which files they want to include in the list and which to exclude
* Ability to flag interesting files in order to get back to them later
* More flexible presentation options: ability to select an expanded or condensed view, order by last change date or alphabetically
Trickster will be launched on June 4th 2012, and will be available since launch on 3 channels:
* Apparent Software website - as a direct purchase
* Available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Productivity category for $4.99 (USD).
* As part of Productive Macs bundle of 8 productivity applications, available for $39.99 during 4-19 June
* A free trial version can be downloaded.
* Trickster license costs $9.99, but it will be sold only for $4.99 due to introductory discount, available for one week following the application launch - from June 4 to 11, 2012.
* License can be used on several computers in the household.
* Mac OS X Version 10.7 (Lion) or later
* 1.9 MB
Located in Ashdod, Israel, Apparent Software is a privately funded company founded in 2006 by Jacob Gorban. With a focus on the Mac platform, our mission is creating useful, friendly and unique software, complemented by first-class support for our customers. Apparent Software is the developer of ImageFramer, Socialite, Cashculator and Trickster applications, as well as the organizer of widely successful MacGraPhoto software bundle. Copyright (C) 2012 Apparent Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, and OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.