June 27, 2012 in Lifestyle (E)
[prMac.com] Sydney, Australia - Topten Software today launched its first iOS app called MiniComp. MiniComp lets anyone with an iOS device manage a competition between a group of friends. It works for most games and sports and could be used for example to track a work table tennis competition, a weekly snooker game or a family air-hockey championship.
"The idea came about when my teenage son was looking for a way to run a competition with his school mates for their weekly school sport" said MiniComp's developer Brad Robinson. "By using his iPod touch and entering the scores as each game is played, he can immediately see who's leading the competition and review the stats for each player".
MiniComp has a few different ways to rank players and can calculate player statistics such as averages, highest scores and longest winning and losing streaks. Competitions can be published to the MiniComp website so everyone in the group can see where they stand and because there's no account registration required, setting up a publicly viewable leaderboard is as simple as a tapping the Publish button. There's also built-in support for sharing published competitions on Twitter, Facebook or by Email.
"With MiniComp, anyone can setup a competition and publish the results within a few minutes. It adds a new layer of fun to the games and sports that many of us already play" added Brad Robinson.
* Two Player (eg: table tennis) and Multi Player competitions (eg: racing)
* Scoring modes include Points where Highest Wins (eg: soccer), Points where Lowest Wins (eg: golf), Win/Loss/Draw, or Place Position (eg: motor sport)
* Rank by Elo (aka FaceMash), Most Wins, Most Points or Points-For-Place
* Calculates player statistics including number of wins, longest winning/losing streak, best/worst scores and more
* Ability to publish leaderboard to the MiniComp website with no account registration required
* Published competitions can be shared by Twitter, Facebook and Email
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 6.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
MiniComp 1.0.1 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amounts in other currencies) and available from the AppStore in the Lifestyle category.
Topten Software is a Sydney based software development business best known for the highly regarded music performance software Cantabile (reviewed as 9/10 by Computer Music Magazine), the popular .NET micro-ORM PetaPoco and several other open source and commercial products. Topten Software also does contract web and mobile development. MiniComp is Topten Software's first mobile app release. Copyright (C) 2012 Topten Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.