July 14, 2012 in Music and Recording (F)
[prMac.com] Hamburg, Germany - Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH today released the Padshop Pro granular synthesizer. Padshop Pro offers extended capabilities that meet the demands of discerning sound designers.
Steinberg first released a basic version of Padshop in February of this year with the larger Padshop Pro already planned for professionals to delve deeper into the possibilities of granular synthesis.
"Padshop Pro excels through its easy and efficient way to control the many parameters involved in granular synthesis," commented Matthias Quellmann, product marketing manager at Steinberg. "And with the product variety that we have now introduced to Padshop, users are free to choose the degree of complexity that comes with this instrument."
Padshop Pro delivers two individual tiers in granular textures that are mixed and processed with a dozen high-quality filters, modulation and delay effects. Each layer consists of one oscillator for generating up to eight grain streams with innovative parameters, two LFOs that offer a choice of six wave shapes and two ADSR envelopes that can be applied to various sound parameters, therefore boasting a flexibility absolutely new to granular synthesis.
Offering more effects and more presets than in the basic version, Padshop Pro shines with a 3-band parametric EQ on each layer, the algorithmic reverb with dedicated equalization and 50 additional presets. Also included are sample import for user customizable sounds as well as VST backward compatibility and AU support.
Padshop Pro is available as full retail version alongside two upgrades from the basic Padshop version. Both the retail version and the upgrade bundle include the Zero Gravity expansion pack. This comprises an additional 250 presets plus a brand-new SoftGrain Wave ROM with 150 specially selected samples.
Features at a glance:
* Advanced granular synthesis engine with 2 independent layers and individual oscillator, edit and FX sections
* Up to 8 grain streams per oscillator for impressively rich and spacious structures
* Intuitive user interface for effective usability and direct accessibility
* More than 450 presets dedicated to atmospheric pads and evolving textures
* SoftGrain Wave ROM with hundreds of sounds for custom presets and individual tweaks
* Sample import via drag-and-drop for advanced sound design projects and custom presets
* 10-stage Modulation Matrix with Note Expression support for unlimited flexibility
* 12 different high-quality filter types for each layer
* Step Modulator for rhythmic triggering of oscillators, filters, amp and pan
* 2 LFOs and ADSR for filters and amp envelopes
* Mono and Poly Mode with Legato and Glide
* FX section with high-class modulation and delay effects
* 3-band parametric EQ per layer to increase the clarity and smoothness in the mix
* Algorithmic reverb to enrich your sound with fullness and atmosphere
* Zero Gravity VST Sound Instrument Set with 250 new presets and an additional SoftGrain Wave ROM with 150 new samples (included in retail and upgrade bundle versions)
* VST 3, VST 2 and AU compatible host application support
All trademarks are trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective owners.
* Mac OS X Version 10.6/10.7
* Intel Core Duo CPU
* CoreAudio compatible audio hardware
* VST 3 or AU compatible host application
Availability and pricing:
Padshop Pro is available as download through the Steinberg Online Shop for EUR 79.99, including German VAT, and GBP 67.76, including British VAT.
The basic Padshop Pro upgrade from Padshop is available as download through the Steinberg Online Shop for EUR 9.99, including German VAT, and GBP 8.46, including British VAT.
The Padshop Pro upgrade bundle from Padshop, including the Zero Gravity expansion pack, is available as download through the Steinberg Online Shop for EUR 34.99, including German VAT, and GBP 29.64, including British VAT.
The Zero Gravity expansion pack is available as download through the Steinberg Online Shop for EUR 29.99, including German VAT, and GBP 25.40, including British VAT.
Located in Hamburg, Germany, Steinberg is known the world over for its audio software and hardware solutions. The company has been developing, manufacturing and selling innovative products for musicians and producers in the music, film, post production and multimedia industries since 1984. Steinberg products are used by Grammy and Oscar award-winning composers, engineers and producers. The company also offers business customers license management and copy protection systems. Copyright (C) 2012 Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Visit www.steinberg.net for further details.