July 18, 2012 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Seattle, Washington - Fugazo today is pleased to announce the launch of their latest social word game Can't Say That! on the App Store for iPhone and iPod touch. So you think you can describe the word 'baseball' to someone else? Easy, right? Try doing it without using the words "sport," "game," "run," "base," or "pitcher" as clues. Oh, and you only get 24 letters to describe it. That's exactly what Can't Say That! players have to do in this mobile twist on a popular word game that allows people to test their powers of description against Facebook friends and strangers.
The goal of Can't Say That! is simple. Players take turns as "describers" and "solvers". The "describers" are given a word and must try to creatively prompt their friends to guess the word without using certain forbidden words - for example, describing "cooking" without saying "food", "kitchen" or any other obvious descriptors.
The "solver" must then guess the word. Players' round numbers go up each time a word is successfully guessed and the score continues to rise until somebody forfeits on a word resetting the counter to zero. The "describers" are limited only by their imagination and are free to create any crazy and colorful ways to describe the thousands of people, places, objects, actions and more that the game throws at them.
"Beware Can't Say That! is incredibly addictive!" said Andrew Lum, Creative Director at Fugazo. "On our first day of focus testing, office productivity dropped to 0% because everyone couldn't stop playing the game."
One player can participate in up to 25 games with different players at any one time. Players can challenge their friends through Facebook as well as play against randomly selected strangers. If you become stumped on a word you can post screenshots to Facebook for help.
Players earn coins each time they successfully solve a word. Coins can be used to purchase a wide variety of word packs as well as power-ups to help them solve words.
* Play With Friends (any iPhone or iPod touch user) - Play with your Facebook friends and use inside jokes and references to create hilarious clues
* Simple and Fun Gameplay - Take turns writing clever clues and guessing words at your own convenience (No frustrating time limits)
* Text Don't Talk - Quickly and easily type in clues and words to discreetly play anywhere, anytime (no sound required)
* Lifeline Power-ups - Stuck on a word? Use a Hint, Category, or Letter power-up or post to Facebook to get help from friends
* Play Endlessly - Gain hundreds of new words every month and unlock tons of challenging, category-specific word packs
* iiPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 11.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Can't Say That! 1.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. There is also a free version available, free to play ad-funded.
Fugazo, Inc. is an independent game developer based out of Seattle that is currently focused on building mobile games that allow people to play with their friends in new and engaging ways. Copyright (C) 2012 Fugazo, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.