August 9, 2012 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] San Jose, California - Today's consumer is connected to dozens of websites and services requiring password and email information to log in. The temptation to create a single, memorable password and to utilize it for all of them is too great for many people. However, with instances of cyber theft growing by the day, the most commonly offered advice is to create different passwords for each online account.
Users of many popular websites, including LinkedIn, Yahoo, and Dropbox, have been left exposed after recent cyber attacks in which several million passwords were stolen and subsequently posted online. A feeling of unease remains for many who access these websites with the same password they use for multiple accounts like personal email, social networking websites, and online shopping or banking.
AllSafe v1.0, available in the Apple App Store as of August 8th, 2012, will not only suffice for password storage, but will also allow users to safeguard financial records and other personal information, utilizing state-of-the-art encryption technology to ensure that its users are the only ones who will ever see the contents of their personal vaults.
Besides security, ease-of-use was a critical design objective. Numerous features, including a password generator, set up wizard, custom templates, auto-fill, quick search, and multiple sort views, were all designed with the intention of providing an intuitive and compelling user experience.
"We did our homework," said John Cardozo, VP of Product Development. "Our years of experience protecting enterprise data, coupled with our research into consumer habits, revealed an alarming trend of unsafe practices. We set out to solve this ubiquitous problem by building a mobile solution that combines multiple levels of security with the consumer-friendly experience that users expect from an iOS application."
Features And Benefits:
* State-of-the-art, 256-bit AES data encryption
* Extra security with locked and hidden folders
* Mask data in fields containing passwords, PIN's or security codes
* Automatic password generator - create strong, secure passwords with the press of a button
* Encrypted backup to Dropbox or email
Custom Security Settings:
* Idle Timeout Length
* Password Attempts Allowed
* Lockout Duration
Easy To Use:
* Pull down menu makes switching between folders effortless
* Sort by record name, type, or date
* Search finds data quickly. Search current folder or all open folders
* Set-Up Wizard helps you enter your information quickly and painlessly
* Auto-fill minimizes the time to enter commonly used data such as usernames and web sites
* Place and organize records in folders or create new folders
* 16 pre-defined templates for common items including web logins, bank & email accounts, credit cards, private contacts, prescriptions, insurance, memberships, vehicle info, secure notes, and more
* Edit templates or create your own to customize your data the way you want it
* Copy field contents such as username or password to the clipboard to paste into Safari or elsewhere
* Initiate web logins, phone calls, email, and map display with just one tap with our actionable field system
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 4.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
AllSafe -- Password Vault 1.0 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
Beachhead Solutions offers first-in-class PC data security subscription services that leverage the cloud to enforce encryption and remotely manage security policy across an organization's PCs and attached data storage devices. Beachhead's services are both easy to administer and are user-transparent giving an organization the ability to change policy on any remote PC including denial (and restoration) of data access to any PC user. Beachhead Solutions, Inc. is a privately held and privately funded and is incorporated in Delaware. Beachhead Mobile is an entity of Beachhead Solutions devoted to iOS software development. Copyright (C) 2012 Beachhead Solutions. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac OS X, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.