August 25, 2012 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] New York, New York - Aboveground Systems, LLC today is proud to present its flagship educational app, Preschool Funtime! for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. First in a series of educational apps and games designed to stimulate while teaching, Preschool Funtime! is a collection of 9 different puzzle types, designed to teach while having fun. (Recommended ages 2-5)
Designed for unattended and unlimited play, each game flows right into the next, so no confusing user interface to deal with. Each puzzle has voice descriptions and each shape, animal, letter and number has an accompanying spoken description. Child is encouraged by a friendly voice at the end of each puzzle. Each puzzle is designed to highlight a specific learning area:
* Drag and Drop - teaches recognition of shapes and animals, and helps motor skills by having the child put the correct item in its place
* Pick the biggest or smallest - helps teach size differences, bigger and smaller
* Pick the right object - helps a child recognize different shapes and animals and what they are called
* Pick the right color object - teaches colors and color names
* Count the objects - begins the process of learning to count - The amounts of objects to be counted remains small so as to reinforce the basics
* Count the right amount - continues the previous lessons in counting by asking for a specific number of items to be counted.
* Pick the numbers in order - further reinforces how numbering works, and the order that the numbers are in. The numbers are kept low, and are scrambled to teach sequencing
* Starts with the letter - begins teaching letters by showing the same shapes and animals that the child is now used to, and highlights the letters of each to provide hints
* Match game - fun quiz to reinforce shapes and memory
Rewards every few screens with a fun "play with the blocks" area where they can add blocks, forms words, stack them up and even throw them around:
* Universal app, so download once, play on all your devices
* Special Parents screen where you can keep track of how long your child takes to complete each puzzle, so you know what areas need reinforcement. All stats are integrated with iCloud, so you can keep track no matter which device is used to play
* Absolutely no advertisements, no links to social media, and no In-App Purchase
* iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, 3/4G iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 42.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Preschool Funtime! 1.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Follow us at @AbovegroundLLC on Twitter.
Aboveground Systems, LLC was founded in 2009 with the purpose of delivering high quality apps and games for the iOS platform. It's founder, Daniel Wyszynski has worked at high-profile companies such as Viacom, Sony, and Punch! media bringing years of experience into the market. Recently, Daniel built the platform for the Punch! Culture Shelf, which was highlighted in various tech journals and sites such as Techcrunch, GigaOm, Forbes, and the Huffington Post. Now, Daniel and Aboveground are concentrating on bringing its experience to the educational market, starting with the flagship app, Preschool Funtime! with another 3 apps in development. All Material and Software (C) 2012 Aboveground Systems, LLC / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.