August 30, 2012 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Lexington, Massachusetts - Enventra Inc. today announced the latest release of MoboMath, the popular handwritten equation editor for Mac OS X. Now available in the Mac App Store, MoboMath 2.2 adds support for OS X Mountain Lion and introduces new tools to adapt to a user's individual handwriting style.
If users write a character in a special way, they can now teach MoboMath to recognize it by entering samples of the character in their own handwriting. MoboMath then analyzes these samples and trains itself to recognize that character in the future.
"Although MoboMath is writer independent and normally doesn't require adaptation, some people may write a character in a unique way that doesn't match any of the millions of handwriting samples on which MoboMath is based," explained Terry Rochford, president of Enventra. "With this new release, these users can now train MoboMath to understand their personal handwriting style."
MoboMath 2.2 also includes the same great features as earlier versions:
* Easy handwritten formula entry without tedious keyboard or palette input
* Reusable equations that can be included in documents, presentations, web pages, or calculations
* Built-in support for popular applications like Microsoft Word, Mathematica, Maple, MathMagic, MathType, and apps like iWork that use MathType as an equation editor
* Standards-based MathML and TeX support for other applications
* Simple equation editing for any changes
* Easy customization for individual needs, tailored to each user's level of math
* Optimized support for external pen and tablet use
Special pricing offers will be available during the back to school season to help students and educators save while preparing for the new academic year.
* Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later
* 64-bit processor
* An external tablet and pen are recommended for best results
Pricing and Availability:
MoboMath 2.2 is normally priced at $17.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Productivity and Education categories. Special promotional prices are now available for a limited time during the back to school season. More information about MoboMath can be found on the Enventra web site.
Enventra, Inc. is a privately funded company focused on math handwriting solutions. Enventra's products include the MoboCalc(TM) tablet input panel for Microsoft Excel and the MoboMath(TM) handwritten equation editor for calculations and technical documents. Founded in 2006, Enventra is based in Lexington, Massachusetts, with a technology development center in Palo Alto, California. Copyright (C) 2012 Enventra, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. MoboMath and MoboCalc are trademarks of Enventra, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.