September 20, 2012 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Montabaur, Germany - Marco Metting announces Photobook+ 1.2 for iPad. Summer vacation is over and once again digital photos are piling up. What now? More and more people are simply giving up on actually pasting pictures into the traditional photo album.
A great alternative is the iPad app Photobook+. It imports images from the iPad library or gets them directly from the iPhone via iCloud or Fotostream. The best pictures may be incorporated into digital photo albums, of which Photobook+ creates and manages any number.
* iPad app Photobook+ 1.2 generates virtual photo albums
* 47 preset page layouts
* Displays photos, maps, drawings, texts and more
* Apply a swiping motion to scroll through the photo album right on the screen
* Share photo albums via Facebook, Twitter and e-mail
* Supports the retina resolution of the new iPad
* New: Full screen presentation mode
* New: Drag & Drop to rearrange elements
* New: Multi-selection feature
* New: Add and delete pages
* New: New backup mechanism
* Special Offer: $0.99 USD instead of $2.99
Images are easily inserted into one of the 47 preset layouts. A preview lets the user quickly decide on the right design to accommodate the latest shots from the Maldives diving holiday, the Paris city tour or the cross country adventure through the United States. Photos may be labeled and provided with a date. Drawings, a map section or weather conditions are smoothly added. The result is a number of exceptionally staged double pages, to be viewed right on the iPad - on the iPad 3 even in retina resolution. A swiping gesture lets the user turn the pages - just like in a real photo album.
The finished photo albums can be saved in a backup, send as a PDF by e-mail, shared with friends through Facebook and Twitter, printed via Air-Print or admired "in large" on TV. Furthermore, the app can establish the Geo-Code of the images and record the same on the world map. This way someone is able to track all the places he has visited so fare.
Photobook+ 1.2 ia a new version with many improvements. Marco Metting, responsible for the development of the app: "Following the release of the app during the summer holidays, users have sent us an incredible amount of feedback. Included were many requests, of which a large number could be implemented into the new version 1.2."
* Full-screen Presentation Mode: from now on the open photo album can be enlarged, displaying pages in the full screen mode. Additionally, the date and weather bar may be hidden.
* Drag & Drop: marked photo elements may now be replaced with a quick finger gesture. Editing the photo album by utilizing Drag & Drop is easier than ever before.
* Multi-selection of photos: With the new version, multiple images may be selected all at once to mark them for import into the photo album,
* Change the number of pages: for the first time Photobook 1.2 lets the user add or delete individual pages from the photo album.
* New Backup Mode: the backup mode has been improved. Photo albums are being saved and may be easily restored if necessary.
English, French, German, Spanish
* Requires iPad with iOS 5.0 or later
* 17.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Photobook+ 1.2 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) for a limited time and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category.
Photobook was created by Marco Metting in 2012 with the mission to help you browse, edit, and share your photos from your iPad, like never before - all the powerful tools you need are at your fingertips using Multi-Touch gestures and leveraging the iPads stunning user interface concept. Photobook is the third app designed by Marco Metting. Will he stop here? - Of course, not! Photobook is just the beginning, interesting new apps are being planned. In 2010 and 2011 he published his first two iOS apps MeetingTimer and Energieausweis on the App Store. Copyright (C) 2012 Marco Metting. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.