October 19, 2012 in Games (F)
[prMac.com] New Udupi, India - 99Games, an India based leading developer and publisher of iOS and Android games, announces with great pleasure the v4.0 version of WordsWorth on the App Store. WordsWorth has been well received by over 400,000 players on iOS, Android and more recently, the Mac platforms - WordsWorth for Mac was one of the first Word games to support Mountain Lion features like Game Center and Push Notifications and featured as a 'New and Noteworthy as well as a 'What's Hot' Game. The game has received several accolades in the form of a Silver Award from PocketGamer, a Bronze Medal from PlayAndroid Magazine & an Honorable Mention among Word Games in the 2009 Best App Ever Awards.
The game requires players to link letters to form words on a honeycomb structure. The longer the word, higher the points earned. With the new v4.0 Update, a virtual currency system of 'Stars' has been introduced which are used to activate 4 different types of Power-Ups within the game. Making words using tiles with 'dots' earns the player Stars; these Stars may also be purchased.
The Power-Ups, 2 of which can be used in every game are detailed below:
* Finder: Locates the best word in the grid.
* Replacer: Replaces all instances of a letter with one of the player's choice
* Resetter: Resets the Timed Tile back to zero
* Reviver: Earns a new life and continues the game
"WordsWorth v4.0 brings big changes that enhance the WordsWorth experience to a whole new level. The Power-Ups should make the gameplay more enaging," says Anila Andrade of 99Games. "We have also added support for the new iPhone 5 to further enhance the gameplay" she added.
Features of WordsWorth include:
* Playable on the gorgeous 4" display of the iPhone 5
* Universal Binary - The same binary works for iPhone and iPad
* Supports the Retina Display of both iPhone and iPad
* Players can play alone or challenge their Facebook friends online
* 3 exciting game modes - Classic, Timed and Tumble
* 5x5, 6x6, 7x7 and 8x8 grids to choose from
* Unlock special tiles and new strategies as game progresses
* Earn Stars as game progresses to unlock Power-Ups or purchase them
* Use Power-Ups - Finder, Replacer, Resetter and Reviver to dominate the word battles
* Various Clubs suitable for players of All Skill Levels
* Players can check meaning of words formed and thus expand their vocabulary
* Players can chat with their friends
* Complete numerous levels with different rankings
* Supports official Scrabble word lists - TWL/SOWPODS/ENABLE
* Players can Hop on the global leaderboard and Improve their Vocab Power
* iOS 4.3 or later
* iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
* 36.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
WordsWorth 4.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Located in New Udupi, India, 99Games is all about creating fun, exciting and engaging games for the iPhone, iPad, Mac and Android. In a short span of time, 99Games has released many successful titles on these platforms. We love gaming and believe in creating games that will be cherished by generations together. Games priced from free to premium, ranging from word to puzzle-adventure genre, for casual and hardcore gamers; we have it all right here for you. Copyright (C) 2012 99Games. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.