November 12, 2012 in Announcements (F)
[prMac.com] Craiova, Romania - The project management provider RationalPlan obtained the third place at Capterra's Project Management Election 2012. RationalPlan has been nominated as being one of the 55 contending project management software providers. These 55 nominees were chosen from a few hundreds of software solutions.
Providers were split into two:
* The Traditionalists - those who identified a Traditional/Phased-Approach as the methodology that best fits their software
* The Contemporaries - those who identified Agile or another methodology as the best fit (as well as those who indicated their solution is tailored to multiple methodologies)
The election started on October 9th and had four rounds, each round for a duration of one week. The candidate pool was narrowed down at the end of each one-week voting "round" based on which candidates had the most votes. Project managers could vote their preferred project management solution just once every day during the entire campaign.
After the first round we were classified as one of the first 10 players from The Traditionalists category so we were validated to enter the next round. The election continued with Round 2 where only the first 3 products from each category went to next round. Round 2 ended on October 22 when RationalPlan was chose as one of the six best project management software providers. Many were and few remained. After Round 3 which ended on October 29 only the best project management product from each category went to final round. RationalPlan was classified on third place.
"We received a great support and a lot of votes from our users that allowed us to obtain this place. The community was very active on social media like Twitter, Google Plus and especially on RationalPlan Facebook page. We thank all those that voted RationalPlan as their preferred project management software", says Gabriel Toader, CEO at Stand By Soft.
RationalPlan is a project management software created to serve many types of users starting from novice project managers, users that need an environment to handle multiple projects and up to companies that need a server solution with concurrent access. RationalPlan suite includes:
* RationalPlan Single - an alternative to Microsoft Project and the perfect solution for novice or accidental project managers
* RationalPlan Multi - project management software for multiple projects, projects that are interconnected through dependencies and share common resource
* RationalPlan Viewer - free project management software viewer, the solution for anyone (from project stakeholders to team workers) to view projects details
* RationalPlan Server - a centralized place to manage the company's projects while offering concurrent access to different users
Capterra was started in 1999 as a directory of software companies where all entries get listed for free. Capterra is a free resource for software buyers where users can start their software research in one of the 350 software categories. 901 North Glebe Road, Suite 901, Arlington, VA 22203. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and Phone: 703.994.4500.
Stand By Soft was founded in 2003 as a software company specialized in building desktop applications and components. RationalPlan is a project management software that follows the general recommended guidelines from project management domain. It has been developed to help small and middle sized companies to plan and manage their projects. Our goal is to make the process of planning projects as short and as straightforward as possible, guiding novice project managers through each step but offering enough tools to those more experienced. Copyright (C) 2003-2012 Stand By Soft. All Rights Reserved.