January 19, 2013 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] The Hague, Netherlands - Announcing that Go Independent Records, the developer of Drum Clinic HD, has just released an exciting update for their successful app (for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad), Drum Loops HD 1.3. The real deal for users who are serious about making music with their iOS device. Drum Loops HD 1.3 app adds a new layer of realism to GarageBand and other popular digital audio workstations by allowing users to add a real drummer to the mix with a simple copy/paste operation.
Where most other apps offer only programmed drum sounds, Drum Loops HD gives users more than 1000 drum loops, fills, samples, crashes, and ending drum fills, all recorded by Hans Eijkenaar, Holland's first call session drummer, at Sound Vision Studios in Arnhem. Drum Loops HD has been tested with (a.o.) Garageband, Music Studio, Auria, Multitrack DAW and works on any iPad, iPhone or iPod touch with all iOS version, starting with 4.3 and upwards.
Drum loops HD was recorded in and mixed to 2 distinct different sounds, a Modern setting (close miking plus room mics) and a Vintage setting (array of 5 old school mics, a.o. RCA Victors around the set). The performances on both sound choices are identical allowing you to be creative when mixing sounds or by using different sounds for different sections of your song. It is also the ultimate play along drummer for any musician and considering the vast amount of jazz loops on board, a great study partner for any upright bass player, just to give an example.
Drum Loops HD 1.3 Features Include:
* Full drum loop library for anyone making music on an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
* Copy/paste to your favorite multitracker
* Perfect drummer to play along with when practicing your timing on any instrument (all grooves loop automatically within the app itself)
* Performed, recorded and built (2012-2013) only for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
* Many styles in many bpms (check content list)
* Two sounds for all loops and fills, in every style and tempo (modern and vintage)
* 4/4, 6/8 loops and shuffles, brushes loops, loops in straight time and shuffled time
* Uncut, not time stretched, not chopped but actual high end recordings
* Audio quality: 44.1 khz, 16 bit (cd)
* All loops and fills actually played in all bpms, by a living and breathing drummer
* Ballads- 5 loops and 3 fills at 60, 66, 72 and 78 bpm (beats per minute)
* Pop/Rock- 5 loops and 3 fills at tempos ranging from 80-170 bpm, in 10 bpm increments
* Funk/Hip-Hop- 5 loops and 3 fills at 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 and 130 bpm
* Dance/DnB- 5 loops at 120, 130, 140, 160 and 180 bpm
* Soul- 5 loops and 3 fills at 100, 110, 120, 130 and 140 bpm
* Brushes- 5 loops and 3 fills at 60-130 bpm, plus 2 crashes and 1 crash kick
* 6/8 and Shuffles- 5 loops and 3 fills at 75, 85, 95, 110 and 130 bpm
* Jazz - 3 loops and 2 fills at tempos ranging from 100-280 bpm (!), in 20 bpm increments (4 bar loops)
* Tom loops for your intros, bridges or layering with grooves in 4/4 and 6/8
* Pop Kit sampled at 3 dynamic levels per instrument
* Jazz Kit sampled at 3 dynamic levels per instrument
Drum Loops HD also includes crashes and ending drum fills:
* Single crash A
* Single crash K
* Cymbal roll 1
* Cymbal roll 2
* Crash plus kick 1
* Crash plus kick 2
* Double crash 1
* Double crash 2
* Ending drum fill 1
* Ending drum fill 2
All tracks are automatically looped within the app, and cut into 2 or 4 bar loops, allowing the user to mix and match to achieve distinctly different sounds for intros, verses, choruses and endings. In addition to giving users a revolutionary new way to create music, Drum Loops HD also offers musicians the chance to get more out of their practice sessions. With a first call session drummer leading the practice session, musicians will generally practice for longer periods of time than if they were using a boring, monotonous metronome.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 675 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Drum Loops HD 1.3 is $9.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category. There is a free lite version available. Drum loops HD 1.3 is a Go Independent Records production, other apps are to be released in 2013, previously released: Drum Clinic HD, video instruction app (dvd style) for drummers of multiple levels. Feel free to ask for promo codes for reviews.
Headquartered in The Hague, The Netherlands, Go Independent Records was established in 2003. The company was founded by Hans and Marieke Eijkenaar (both pro musicians) for record production. Throughout the years Go Independent Records has transformed into a multi media company and production house for self-releasing artists and singer-songwriters. The company has developed apps for the iOS platform since 2012. Copyright (C) 2013 Go Independent Records. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.