February 18, 2013 in Finance (E)
[prMac.com] Berlin, Germany - Indie developer Robert Junghans today introduces Uberzahl 1.0 - Your Current Money Spending Behavior for iOS, his personal finance app that takes an innovative psychological approach to budgeting. Rather than month-by-month expenses, Uberzahl analyzes the past 30 days. This provides a more accurate overview of spending trends in 12 Categories and eliminates the cycle of overspending at the start of each month and cutting back at each month's end. With all data offline and secure, personal privacy is assured.
* Focus on the last 30 days - keeps you continually informed about your current behavior
* Easy & fast to use - slick user interface, optimized for input of single expenses
* Estimation of last month's expenses from day one - getting more precise every day
* Data export - email a CSV file in case you would like further analysis of the most recent 30 days or all days
* Complete privacy - no communication with any server, no in app analytics tools
Users start by entering their regularly recurring expenses (e.g., rent, insurance, car payment), and then they input today's specific expenses (e.g. food, taxi). Immediately, Uberzahl presents the user with a first estimation of their total expenses of the last 30 days. With each passing day, Uberzahl's data set grows, allowing it to make a more accurate prediction. After the initial 30 days, the app no longer needs to estimate and will continuously display expenses over the past 30 days as its window of analysis increments each day.
The user interface is optimized for fast input of single or recurring expenses in 12 Categories:
* Food - food and drink (non-alcoholic), etc.
* Pleasure - alcoholic beverages and tobacco products, etc.
* Clothing - clothes, shoes, etc.
* Home - rent/mortgage, utilities, etc.
* Household - furniture, interior decorating, housekeeping, etc.
* Health - medical, dental, sports, gym, etc.
* Transport - public transportation, privately owned vehicle, fuel, etc.
* Communication - telephone, TV, and data, etc.
* Leisure - entertainment, culture, etc.
* Education - tuition, fees, journals, etc.
* Vacation - travel, accommodations, food, etc.
* Other - all other expenses
"I wrote Uberzahl based on my own desire to increase awareness about where the money goes and to think twice here and there," commented Indie developer Robert Junghans. "After more than a year of refinement the best working approach seems to be to have a punishment component in every expense, i.e., to know that every expense will remain visible for some time. This is the reasoning behind the sliding time period (for example, on 2/25/2013 at 2 p.m. the app will show all expenses incurred between 1/25 2 p.m. and 2/25 2 p.m.). Every expense immediately affects the total sum, as well as the sum of its category."
* English and German
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 13.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Uberzahl - Your Current Money Spending Behavior is $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Finance category. Review copies are available on request.
Based in Berlin, Germany, independent developer Robert Junghans focuses on apps for the iOS platform. Copyright (C) 2013 Robert Junghans. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.