March 1, 2013 in Social Networking (E)
[prMac.com] Byron Bay, Australia - Toppit has been keeping it quite the past 2 months since launching late 2012, The goal was to take in as much feedback as possible while live testing in large environments for fine tuning and perfecting the app before officially announcing it to the public. With the release of version 1.2, Toppit is proud to announce that it has reach this stage.
Do you have trouble harnessing your competitive streak? Is winning a favourite pastime of yours? Ever seen someone do something and thought I could do better?
Toppit is a fun new application that will revolutionise the way you compete. Hash tag and describe a photo or video you've taken and send it to all your friends with a time limit - the perfect sunrise; a landed kick-flip; the ultimate gourmet pizza. As soon each friend views the challenge, the timer you set will start ticking on how long they have to retaliate. Submitted entries will go up on a scoreboard, and it's then up to your friends and followers to determine who will take the crown. There has never been a platform with such unlimited possibilities and ways to compete: you create the game, you make the rules, you set the timer and it's you and your friends who decide on the winner.
With discoverable tags and challenges, Toppit allows you to run searches and browse for topics and new friends to compete with anywhere in the world at any time of the day. Set short timers on challenges to get friends out of bed or set long-term challenges to settle bragging rights once and for all; but make sure you don't get caught off guard!
What Toppit Means to You:
Toppit has the power to turn the dullest of days around by transforming any opportunity into endless fun. Picture yourself bored to death at home watching daytime television, when you suddenly receive a Toppit from a bunch of your mates jumping off a waterfall or enjoying a champagne picnic at a beautiful headland. The timer starts and the next move is yours. Would you bow your head in shame and accept defeat, or would you get up off the couch and try to top their challenge, experiencing things you never would have before?
What Toppit Means to Your Business:
In the past, businesses and corporations trying to attract new customers through competitions have pushed them through hoops, making them vote for pages and photos and click through endless lists of links. Toppit eliminates this problem, providing a full-feature platform for running instant worldwide social competitions. Fashion retailers could run 'best summer outfit' contests and music festivals could set challenges for the greatest dance moves. Sportswear brands will be able to unleash Toppit's full potential by having customers compete against their favourite sponsored athletes or pull off big tricks whilst wearing the brands apparel. The possibilities are infinite.
* Popular Challenges - With one swipe of your finger you will be able to view current trending challenges around the world. Use them for inspiration to challenge your friends and foes, or even join in by voting on your favourite snap or video.
* Public challenges - Instead of just challenging your friends and followers you can set the challenge to Public which automatically puts it up the public feed where anyone around the world can join and compete in the challenge.
* Private Challenges - Keep your challenges out of the public's prying eye by making them visible to only a select group that you invite. This allows you to create and compete in competitions you wouldn't want your family, boss or even girlfriend to stumble upon.
* Competitions - Battle it out and compete against friends and other users in competitions run by your favourite brands, outlets and festivals to win prizes and giveaways.
* Groups - Creating groups allows you to organise your friends into categories like surfing friends or food friends. This channels them into separate news feeds and allows you to send challenges to everyone in the group at the same time.
* Hash Tags - Use hash tags when creating or commenting on challenges to make them discoverable by people with the same interests or gain more exposure.
* Follow Your Favourites - Now you finally have the chance to track your favourite childhood heroes, celebrities and sport stars as they compete in challenges. You'll be able to vote on their entries, and who knows - you might even get the chance to compete against them one day.
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 19.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Toppit 1.0 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category.
Founded in 2012, Toppit Pty Ltd is an interactive application and online service aimed is to bring the online technology community together by immersing viewers in real life challenging games while creating fascinating experiences, interactive communities and increased connections. Toppit's mission is to use the behavioural change and competitive element to get people off the couch and actively competing with friends. Copyright (C) 2013 Toppit Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.