March 8, 2013 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Jerusalem, Israel - Lightricks Ltd. today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of Facetune 1.0.1, its innovative new image editing application developed for iOS devices. Specialized for portrait retouching, Facetune leverages Lightricks' proprietary LTEngine(TM) to give every user the ability to easily edit portrait photos like a retouching expert. The app provides the user with a wide range of powerful and creative tools, allowing the user to get the best from every portrait on-the-go.
Facetune takes care of common users' needs with tools such as: teeth whitening, skin treatment and hair coloring. Additionally, it augments the user's creativity with tools that allow facial remodeling, lens simulation and more. One of the key elements of Facetune is the SafeBrush(TM) technology, which uses computer vision and machine learning tools to comprehend the precise area that the user wants to be retouched. This is a key difference between Facetune and other apps, which allows the users of Facetune to get accurate, realistic results. Facetune is the first iOS application in a new generation of software which brings the power of professional image editing tools to non-professional users, on-the-go.
Features of Facetune include:
* Whiten teeth to get a natural, healthy look
* Smooth skin: Remove wrinkles and skin blemishes, and give your skin a glowing look
* Clear away local, temporary imperfections such as a pimple
* Emphasize the mouth or eyes for a penetrating gaze
* Change eye color or remove red-eye and white-eye effects
* Apply blush or powder just like using real makeup
* Retouch skin coloring in specific areas
* Focus on the person by defocusing the surrounding background
* Elongate or shorten a face entirely
* Remove stray hair, implant hair or color gray hair
* Create customized filters, combining a variety of effects: frame the photo, place it on stylized backgrounds, or even change the lighting or lens through which it was shot
* Instantly share the retouched photos to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Flickr or Tumblr, or via email
"Facetune is different," said Zeev Farbman, Lightricks CEO. "Unlike other apps, it gives any user the ability to achieve high-end, realistic looking results, comparable only to what a professional can achieve on the desktop with Photoshop." He then explained how this was achieved: "We have a strong background in the academia, which we used to take the most exciting, state of the art technologies, that were never seen on mobile devices, and integrated them into a product in the most user-friendly way. With the tiniest bit of effort, everyone can have great looking photos of themselves."
* iPhone 4, 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch
* iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad, iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular
* iPad mini and iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 30.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Facetune 1.0.1 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category.
Lightricks Inc. is an Israeli startup company, founded by five entrepreneurs with a proven track record in both academia and industry. Lightricks develops the LTEngine(TM), a state of the art image-processing engine for iOS. Based on this engine, Lightricks develops high-end image-processing applications for iOS. Copyright (C) 2013 Lightricks Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.