March 21, 2013 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Warsaw, Poland - Macoscope today is pleased to announce the release of Bubble Browser 2.0, an update to their popular Evernote dedicated notes browser application. Bubble Browser has started as an entry for the Evernote Devcup '12 and was a prototype for experimenting with new ways of exploring information. By presenting your data in an aesthetic, more natural and approachable way, Bubble Browser addressed the challenge of dealing with constantly increasing amounts of consumed information. After the initial release, we have collected enormous amount of user feedback which shaped the second version of the application.
Bubble Browser is a visual metaphor for browsing and searching your data. Application reuses well-known web browser conventions and allows to explore and visualize the structure of user's entire Evernote data. Bubble Browser provides a friendly, graphic desktop for Evernote notes' library. Tags, notebooks and dates are presented as colorful and differently sized bubbles to expose most important piece of information in every given context.
"While classic notes exploration is like looking into the grocery store through a mail slot to see what you need, Bubble Browser brings you right into the shopping mall to see what's on the shelf." commented one of the app's early adopters.
There were many ideas behind implementing this approach in Bubble Browser, these are the most appealing ones:
* Visual data representation: it allows faster information consumption. Presenting data sets as shapes is more natural than dealing with raw numbers
* Fun search methods: traditional data exploration methods are dull and might be ineffective. Delivering results in a visual way yields far more interesting and gratifying outcomes
* Self-exploration: ability to discover your own patterns related to processes of information storing and memorization
* Immediate access to your data: ability to quickly filter your information by intersecting tags, notebooks and dates criteria
* Focus on a particular information: allowing you to see your data in a specific context, which may reveal new relationships between your notes and tags
Highlights of Bubble Browser 2.0:
* Fast background sync - synchronizing data with Evernote does not interfere with regular application use - it is especially convenient when dealing with large data sets
* Advanced searching - combine the results of the powerful Evernote search with local results into one picture
* Perspective switching - easy way to change and mix filtering criteria
* Type ahead suggestions - type less to get more relevant results
* Redesigned interface - better, polished and more enjoyable
* U.S. English
* Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
* 64-bit processor
* 35.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Bubble Browser 2.0 is free and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Productivity category.
Macoscope is the first Polish startup dedicated to create amazing applications and games solely for the Apple products. Founded in 2009 in Warsaw by three veterans of the software and telecommunication industries and serial entrepreneurs, Macoscope has received initial angel funding and has set its goals on delivering awesome products for Mac and iOS users as well as work with its customers on making their ideas for applications happen. Other Macoscope's productions include Code Pilot, Maktura, Circuloid and iPublisher. Copyright (C) 2009-2013 Macoscope Sp. z o.o. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.